1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SiSi 002 - Cuddle with Bullies

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by Simple Simon, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

TheLastOne36: take it, please!

2. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

I can't download Dwarf's save either.... Dwarf, could you fix the broken link?

3. Mighty Dwaarf

Mighty Dwaarf Ginger Beast

4. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

this one works fine.

See that iron island? I wish we could grab that...... but no chance! Well, maybe later :)

we should sign OB and scout as much as we can. the tight borders mean no barbs, so a defense-weak unit can scout all lands as long as we get OB everywhere. So please build a scout soon.

5. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Who takes teh save though? me or 50_dollar bag?

Oh and something i've learned from the last SG, DO NOT ADOPT A STATE RELIGION! that screwed us last game and we couldn't scout the hindu civs (which was almost everyone)

6. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

7. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

k tomorow

ten chars

8. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

swap please, to busy with other SG's, and i would've taken it today, but i also ahve to do uni work.

9. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

Looks like it's me then. Unlikely I will be able to get it done today. So objectives are... uhhh... scout and murder Sury if AC has Iron, if he doesn't murder up AC.

10. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

I played 20 turns as there will be less sets during the holiday season and it doesn't take too long. Sorry about the screenshots, I will actually place them in late, my connection is on the fritz right now, sorry.

I saw my Save... Drew back the curtains, ahh aha ahhhh, to see for certain, the report was true....

Turn 0 (80)

Looked at all of our cities.

Right done. That took hours.

Eh, sorry, My diplomacy sidebar dissapeared after I messed with blue marble (don't worrry, I just go to the foreign advisor)

ss1 (We are highest in power)

Will try to beat up Augustus. It looks like he doesn't have Iron/Copper/Horses or doesn't want to train units. I assume Sury has a strategic resource. Rome got Stonehenge, so cultural defence should be high. We cannot wait until Catapults.

Turn 1 (81)

Lisbon Sword -> Sword. The worker roads the gold, as Lisbon will grow into unhappiness otherwise.

Turn 2 (82)

ss2

Shaka.

Turn 3 (83)

Writing -> Mathematics. We will eventually want cats, and we do not need any more worker techs.

ss3 (Sury is Augustus' worst enemy)

I get open borders with both anyway. We will kill them both.

Turn 4 (84)

ss4

Shaka where did your headgear go!

ss6

Rome and HRE? Egypt? Eh.

Turn 5 (85)

ss7

HRE? No way :(

Shaka has copper. We should make nice with him. Early. Gift him some clams.

ss8

And a second city? What!

Khmer cap: Archer, Archer, Galley.

Turn 6 (86)

ss8

Alex?

ss9

Damn I'm good.

Turn 7 (87)

Lisbon Sword -> Sword

ss10 (Meet Boudicca)

Want some clams? Here, have clams. Coming out of my ears!

Turn 8 (88)

Her capital is defended by an archer.
    She also has a second city.

Turn 9 (89)

ExploRE

Turn 10 (90)

ExplORE

Turn 11 (91)

Meet Justinan, the founder of Hinduism.

Turn 12 (92)

Forests = Hammers. I am not going to chop them.

Relations are worse between Augustus and Suryavarman as they convert to different religions.

Turn 13 (93)

Meet Toku, my scouting fear.

Lisbon Sword -> Sword.

Turn 14 (94)

AC wants us to cancel deals with the vile Khmer. I say no; I want to make sure I will have enough Swords to take out him. And who cares about relations in this war game!

Guess waht Sury asks. Now guess my answer.

Turn 15 (95)

Sometimes I just write things from turns and forget to change to the next turn in the list.

Turn 16 (96)

Yeah.... see above.

Turn 17 (97)

Meet Ghengis.

Meet Stalin.

Turn 18 (98)

Meet Napoleon. I love CIV diplomacy text.

Turn 19 (99)

Yeah....

Turn 20 (100)

Math to Masonry.

Meet Vikings.

I have a building stack of Swords next to the Khmer. He has 2 archers, a Sword is coming in one turn. I have not whipped Lisbon as we have no Granary. Next player can do as they wish warwise, but I suggest attacking with 5 or 6 swords even if he does get another archer. No beakers in Masonry, you may switch. The worker in Khmer is to see capital. Warning: Around every turn he moves under out worker, so if you think he only has one archer, please check. Sury's workers look like scouts, don't they?

The warrior scouting may have realised my fear in Toku blocking him, but Ragnar may have a passage through. Move him up the border.

Toku has Alpha.

THE AXEMEN ARE UNMOVED AS IS THE WORKER. PLEASE MOVE THE WORKER IF YOU WISH TO DECLARE WAR TURN ONE, WE DO NOT WANT HIM CAPTURED.

Charlemagne is Pleased with Augustus :/

But the worst news is that Sury has an island city you can see from Lisbon's borders. Ugh.

A reassuring SS:

sslast (Augustus is a fair wee bit higher in power than us)

11. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

IMO we should attack Augustas immiedietly. Preats are no fun in this game.

Khmer could wait. Besides there's the chance of vassalizing the khmer if we attack augustas first so we don't have to worry bout the island city.

Maybe some group discussion?

12. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

vassalizing? did anyone opt for the loser option here?

:lol:

13. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

I am really set on the war. I think we could win it easily. If noone has played by Friday, I'll work out the odds (actually someone else should do it!). Sury cannot get more than 3 archers by the time we have 6 Swords next to the capital. Augustus' power graph is too high, but we will have 2 capitals producing toops if we take Yasodharapura. We can handle the small motherland unhappiness.

Augustus CANNOT get Iron. What's he going to do, Archer rush us?

e: Infact, we could just not bother Augustus. I think Taking Yasodharapura will give us a route to... Holy Rome. This is assuming we tech to drama and whip Theatres.

Nah, just beat them all up.

14. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

Hey Quotey the mental image I have for...
    Is quite funny. :lol:

15. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

ok playing.

16. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

up for 15 turns (15 right?)

Turn 0: I decide for the early war gambit and declare right away. Worker out, and army in posistion. It'll take 4 turns for an archer to pop out of yasodaphura with only 4 hammers in the city. the cap will be ours before that.
    Turn 1: i OP with Ragnar and Montezuma. Speaking of him,
    we kill an archer and a scout heading back to yasodaphura. Sadly surya got another archer out in the cap. Means suicide for 1 or two of our units. Looks like ragnar is gonna declare on someone. He has enough on his hands and this:

My guess it it's gonna be toku.
    Turn 2:
    Battle report: Lose two swordsmen, other two won. third swordsmen just got to battle and will start fighting next turn. Only a very weak archer is left.
    Turn 3: We meet williem. I op with him.
    only 1 swordsmen battled and won victoriously. we capture a worker.
    Turn 4: I'll try to get rome. Only three archers...
    Turn 5: Masonry done, start animal husbandry. Maybe we have horses? I declare on augustas.
    Turn 6:
    It was to easy. After our swords came from the battle of yasodaphura, they were all upgraded to city raider II. And rome wasn't on a hill like yasodaphura. We didn't lose a single unit, let alone heavily damage any of them. Yeah, augustas is dead.The battle of rome triggered a great general. (did anyone notice GG's have celtic shields?)

I'll leave him for the group to decide.
    Turn 7: For the rest of my turnset, i'll just improve our economy i guess. no use in declaring war on more civs now. We meet Hammurabi. Yasodaphura's borders expand.
    Turn 10: Alexander converts to hinduism.
    Turn 11: Rome's borders expand. Animal Husbandry in. Start agriculture.
    Turn 12: I just realized something. When we captured Rome, it had stonehenge in it.
    Turn 14: Agriculture done. start Construction. Rome's borders expand.
    Turn 15: Yasodaphura's borders expand. A good event happens between the japanese and byzantine empires.
    Take a look at the culture graph, it's pretty cool:

Our Empire:

WE HAVE A GG SLEEPING IN LISBON!!!
    We are fighting a culture war in roem vs ulundi. luckily stonehenge was built in rome, so we'll win this culture war, (and if it takes awhile, we might capture ulundi anyway)

We are still at war with Suryavaraman. get peace and (hopefully even vassalize). Train a galley as surya can come in with a galley and start pillaging. (i saw a galley near yasodaphura when i captured it.)

Save

17. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

Nice. I probably wouldn't have declared on Augustus. Shows you what a few swords can do.

I think the GG should make a millitary Academy in Lisbon or Ulundi (Ulundi will be ours, honest!). Ulundi is closer to the centre.

18. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

Great! :)

The GG - where is the next horse pasture? If it is not too far away I'd keep him to form a Medic-3-Chariot :)

Please post you XMas absences now!

19. Simple Simon

Simple Simon Simpleton

50_dollar_bag or MightyDwaarf: yell, if you can take the game.

20. Quotey

Quotey Emperor

I thought captured wonders do not give culture? They do, checking the save. When was this changed? Ulundi next. Then his second city, then Holy Rome, and then whoever's going to pressure us after that. Boudica?

There are absolutely no horses on the map so far. M3 Scout?

I forgot that you need Mi.Sci. to get an academy. So, yeah, M3 scout. It def. won't get picked in combat, anyway.