[Vanilla] Skip turn

RichardK

Chieftain
Hi. Just (yesterday) bought Civ 6 some 23 odd years since I last played it as Civ 2. Anyway this is probably a really dumb question but I cannot find the answer in the Civilopedia - so I very often just want a unit to stay where it is so I click 'skip turn' but sometimes, and I cant pinpoint why, I do not get this option so I either need to move or 'fortify' or 'Alert'. Obviously this is not a huge game breaker but I am curious as to why the option to 'skip turn' is sometimes missing.

It could be that there is another unit of the same type on the same tile. You need to move one or the other, as only one unit of each type is allowed on one tile.

I have had this skip turn bug. I don't know what causes it. I don't think it's been fixed yet.

Hi. Just (yesterday) bought Civ 6 some 23 odd years since I last played it as Civ 2. Anyway this is probably a really dumb question but I cannot find the answer in the Civilopedia - so I very often just want a unit to stay where it is so I click 'skip turn' but sometimes, and I cant pinpoint why, I do not get this option so I either need to move or 'fortify' or 'Alert'. Obviously this is not a huge game breaker but I am curious as to why the option to 'skip turn' is sometimes missing.
does pressing space not work either?

I still see this problem happening often. The only dangerous thing is if you hit fortify and then the next turn forget to wake up the unit.

It happens in locations which automatically fortify the unit, like forts.

Top Bottom