slow and laggy game

Magic Mushroom

Chieftain
hello, i knoiw all of you will want to know my system specs, but i dont know whow to get them...if some one could tell me how, id be happy to posty them. so, here i go.

my game is running very slow and laggy. i know that this game takes alot of memory etc. but it sould not be this bad. there are long wait times and gameplay is lagging. i have a windows xp home edition. and i'm pretty sure that the game should not be running that bad on this comp. i will post my specs as soon at some one helps me out...

help??

oh and it says that my graphics thingy is to low... is this the problem???and if so, how much would a good one cost?

Ok, to post your DX-diag stuff:

ainwood said:
To get these printouts, follow these steps:

1. Press the windows 'start' button, and select 'run'.
2. In the box that appears, type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and hit the enter key.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions, until you get the main DirectX Diagnostic program.
4. Hit the "save all information" button (as shown in the graphic below). You will be prompted for a file name and can save the information as a text file.
5. Either upload the text file as an attachment to you post, or open it and copy and paste the data into your post.

Your looking at a mid ranged graphics card, I'm not from the US so here comes my guess: $200 - $300? :D

i heared that you can take away alot of allgyness by turning off figure head move ment. how do i do this??

I'm not sure what you mean by figure head movement? You need to post your DXdiag txt file BEFORE anyone can help.

by stoping figure head movment i meen to freez bismarks and rosevelts heads. you know, to stop the animation.... one guy did it supposidlyly and his game lost alot of its lagg. and i dont really care about the head movment...

havant had enough time to get the dxdaig stuff yet srry..

Magic Mushroom said:
by stoping figure head movment i meen to freez bismarks and rosevelts heads. you know, to stop the animation.... one guy did it supposidlyly and his game lost alot of its lagg. and i dont really care about the head movment...

havant had enough time to get the dxdaig stuff yet srry..
You can't do this in a normal game. I saw a mod for it once, but I can't remeember where. Search the C&C section and you might find it.

I had the same problem when I first played this game. The movie at the beginning of the game was choppy, the intro with lenord nimoy was choppy and the game ran at snails pace. I had similar problems with GTA San Andreas, Sims and the Prince of Persia games.
I assumed my computer was just a piece of sh?? probably the graphics cards.
Didn't fancy upgrading though. After a bit of a search I found
http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html
My system now runs like I made a major upgrade.
I think the main things were upgrading the motherboard chipset drivers and disabling all background processes including antivirus, I now scan manually.

My System
Athlon XP 3200+
ASUS A7N8X-X
512MB RAM
Radeon 9250

Cant believe everything works with my cheap graphics card

My Harddrive went down last week- so I installed a new one- had to do a fresh install of civ 4- patched it and now my game runs laggy and choppy- especially after a meeting with any ai and their face shows up or a video of a great wonder is played- before -On my first install things ran like a charm- I use a 128 meg vid card- 5900 xt and run an athlon 1600- with 1.5 gig ram- middle of the road computer at best and things were fine- now they are not- believe me -its not your computer- its either your direct x- or certain drivers need updated- before my old HD went bad I was up to date on everything. now I'm not and it shows- before you go drop 200 bux for a vid card- try something else first.

misconception with the amd naming convention athlon 1600+ only run at 1.2 or 1.3 GHZ stock.

my 1600 runs at 1.4- when my old hard drive was working- my original install of civ 4 ran just fine even out of the box-
With new hard drive -new windows install- new civ 4 install im getting 10% of the performance now- so obviously its a software problem- it very well might be the bink video and xml thats doing it. still looking into it.

Top Bottom