1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Slow Game Thread

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by Krill, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Spoiler :

The PitBoss server will give each team 24 hours in which to play the save and pass it on to the next team. If a team is unable to play in time, they may post a request for an extension in the turn-tracker thread, and state the reason they believe it should be granted. AFTER the extension request and *rational* have been posted in the turn tracker, that team may then pause the game.
    The game may remain paused up to 120 hours, at which point any team may un-pause the game so play may resume.
    An official vote to “continue sooner” may be posted by any team in the turn-tracker thread. Each such vote by a team will reduce the 120 hour extension by 24 hours.

*Rational*
    Examples of Acceptable (ingame reasons):
    1. War
    2. Wonder completion
    3. Unexpected GP pop
    4. Unexpected turn of events

Examples of Unacceptable (out of game reasons):
    1. Lack of TurnPlayer
    2. Lack of Diplomatic response

2. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

little spelling thing - it's rationale, not rational. Rational is an adjective

3. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Well you're certainly stirring things up in the main forum Memphus... ;)

Just saying though, be careful not to push it to far, there's no reason to get a team too angry in game over something like this... :)

4. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

Not the intention.

Intention is to keep the game moving. (This is why Pitboss was originally voted on over PBEM)

Because if the exception is made now, precedent it set.

While before we started I assumed my logic was sound the events today proved it was more so:

1. Kaz paused, and posted, I then unpaused. Kaz debated with us, but ultimately left the game as such.

2. Oyzar Paused but didn't post (and gave MS an extra hour). If Cav was so concerned about this they had the oppotunity to pause the game on thier turn (Husch has already posted his absence) but they didn't. Pausing now is simply a diplomatic act to try and woo MS to the Cav-Kaz Alliance.

3. DaveShack admitted he knew about the save this morning and could have logged in (to pause or to play) but it wasn't a high enough priority for him.

4. I posted numerous times that if anyone from MS even posted asking for a pause (on their turn) it would warrant a pause (although technically it is agaisn't the rules still and i personally wouldn't agree with it, I woudl acept it) With that no one from Ms posted. (and on top of it in DS's post he didn't ask for one himself either)

5. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Yep, I'm not arguing, it's good that you're provoking a response, I'm just saying be careful of longterm impact. :)

6. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Really...MS is dead. That's why I suggested repopulating from people from other boards...

The advantage, is that it would be a whole new team, so we would be starting from a fresh slate, and have a new chance to woo them to our side...

7. Strow

Strow Chieftain

Whats the hold up with this game all of a sudden?

8. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Cav, MS and Kaz have all taken 16 hours on the save. We hit a good pace recently, I think it's jsut come to and end, is all.

9. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

I am wondering - should we talk about allowing a team member to go to MS? If there is a time, it's now - there aren't any long-term wonder builds, MS isn't actively at war (or actively doing anything, as far as I can tell) - and we aren't in dire shape.

I'm not LOOKING to get rid of anyone, nor am I looking to leave - I'm just wondering if we should talk about seeing if anyone would be interested in doing so and seeing if we should allow it. And then, of course, we'd have to ask the other teams if they would allow it/are interested in it.

The problem with recruiting new people is that it's very likely that the people with the most expertise in MTDG are already in this one - anyone we can get from outside the demo game now is likely to not have much experience so may not be able to help all that much.

10. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

I breached the thought in the main forum earlier and they did not like that thought at all.