1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Small but decisive balance changes you'd like to see for R&F

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Tomice, Jan 11, 2018.

1. mrwho

mrwho Chieftain

I really like the Eureka mechanic. It makes Civ VI much less linear than its predecessors where you'd always go the optimal route down the tech three. For that reason I wouldn't want to see Eurekas/Inspirations only giving a boost up to the first 50%, because it'd make them much less important, which would in turn make games more samey. I think the suggestion to have two different Eurekas/Inspirations for each tech/civic, that are chosen randomly at the start of the game, is a great idea. It builds on the strength of the Eureka mechanic by adding even more variation to the game without reducing their importance. I wouldn't say it falls under the category of a 'small change' though.

2. KingsGambit7

KingsGambit7 Chieftain

I think any problem with the Eurekas/Inspirations that people have can be fixed simply by making them a bit more difficult to acquire. Other than that, I love the mechanic. :)

3. Sostratus

Sostratus Chieftain

This actually does exist, but is very poorly implemented. See this recent thread by our very diligent Victoria. IIRC, essentially, you get 50% back when you lose, but only if you have something in the production queue; because there is no way to queue things, you have to have switched projects before losing. Otherwise, the wonder is completed, your copy is cancelled, and your queue is empty when the turn starts, wasting the bonus. (Similar to how if you have serfdom slotted, and finish a builder on the turn you unlock public works, the build won't get the extra actions from serfdom. It's in the sequencing of the code.) Oddly,

Given the terrain requirements and tiles used on them, and now that the 'meta' is more fleshed out, it would be nice to see a balance pass on the wonders that are both fairly universally available and really strong. For example, Big Ben, which almost everyone has a few sites for in their empire, probably shouldn't have both the treasury doubling AND the policy slot. And as some have mentioned about the pantheons, Situational wonders also need to have situational power.

4. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

Small change to Petra: Must be on a desert tile adjacent to another desert tile.

Just need some slight reduction of instances where the AI builds Petra on the only desert tile available to the city.

5. KingsGambit7

KingsGambit7 Chieftain

There are many policies and beliefs that need rebalancing. I think I'll chime in as I play my next few games.

Starting a new game now - God King should provide 2Gold/1Faith or 1Gold/2Faith (whatever is more logical). As it is, it is strictly inferior to the other. Heck, even 2/2 might not be overpowered.

Survey should be redesigned, perhaps it can provide some boost of movement or visibility to scouts. As it is, it's quite useless. Perhaps their promotion tree should be improved, rather than the policy.

6. steveg700

steveg700 Chieftain

National Parks: Allow lake tiles to be included in the diamond.

Give Teddy some kind of discount on setting up national parks, like cheaper naturalists or maybe just the first one free.