[R&F] Sneak Peak 9/01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how convinced that everyone's Google-fu is on point: I'm on my way home at the moment from work and when I get there I'll be writing an article about Tamar in Civ 6

Judging from the evidence I think it might be tamar of Georgia, has anyone else suggested this yet?
It's been pretty much confirmed.

and lo pen was put to paper (actually a keyboard but go with me here it sounds more classy) and an article of great foresight or foolishness has begun

Did we just meme her into the game? Crazy right?

I believe the biggest thing here was not the meme itself, but our reaction, as most of us (including me) were very positive with the idea.

The three-gender system goes back to Proto-Indo-European. German and Russian both still have a neuter gender, and some Italian languages have vestigial neuter gender. Indo-European studies would suggest that gender systems tend to simplify or disappear over time, but then they've been quite stable in Semitic and arose relatively recently in Northern Iroquoian. What really throws a hitch in the theory of grammatical gender and sexism, though, is languages like Swahili, which has seven genders, none of which are masculine or feminine, or languages like Nahuatl or Cree which distinguish animacy rather than gender (but is still technically grammatical gender, and is about as arbitrary).

Dutch is also interesting. We have two genders in language: Gendered and neuter. I wonder what that implies for equality... :p

If it's Tamar, I like it more than I thought I would. New civs is always a good thing.
The only negative for me is it makes Armenia rather unlikely.

Reading a bit about Tamar, how will she be portrayed? She was a bit warmonger-y but also presided over the apex of Georgian society and is literally a saint. (could this be the female leader with bonii related to Golden Age?)

If it's Tamar, I like it more than I thought I would. New civs is always a good thing.

Reading a bit about Tamar, how will she be portrayed? She was a bit warmonger-y but also presided over the apex of Georgian society and is literally a saint. (could this be the female leader with bonii related to Golden Age?)
You forgot to mention that it was during her reign that Georgian litterature reached its peak with Chota Rustaveli's epic "The knight in the panther's skin"

Very excited for todays reveal.

Unbelievable that Georgia and Tamar really made it in. I have to smile everytime I think about it. :D

Ok that was fun, I have finished writing my article documenting the rise of the Tamar of Georgia Meme, now hopefully it actually is Tamar that is announced in a hour and a half

They could really go anywhere with her, huh? I'm thinking a Cultural / Religious focus with bonuses to defending her territory from invaders, a special fort-like UI sounds like a good idea other people are pushing.

Even that sounds fairly close to Poland, honestly. Maybe their UI grants extra culture or gold?

They could really go anywhere with her, huh? I'm thinking a Cultural / Religious focus with bonuses to defending her territory from invaders, a special fort-like UI sounds like a good idea other people are pushing.

Even that sounds fairly close to Poland, honestly. Maybe their UI grants extra culture or gold?

We are pretty sure the Tamar is this "she" mentioned to have something with Golden/Heroic/Dark Ages. Although the rest of the civ abilities are pretty much wildcard.

Yeah, I think so too. That'll very likely be her LUA - but overall what kind of focus Georgia would have is a great question. I'm definitely thinking culture, but it'd be almost a crime to not have some mention of her piety - likewise her expansion of her empire.

It is a Kilij in the video.Some Seljuk rulers were called kilij arslan(sword-lion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom