Sneak-Peek at the Vitruvian Update

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
@Catonitales_amplitude has posted some details regarding the coming update over at the Games2gether forum.
It seems the next update will include balancing, more options for tuning notifications, AI improvements for siges, and more.

The details:
https://www.games2gether.com/amplit.../blogs/804-sneak-peek-at-the-vitruvian-update
Since release, we’ve been working to improve the game based on reports and feedback from our community. In addition to the previous updates, we have recently shared our plan for the upcoming updates until the end of summer. The first of these, the Vitruvian Update, will arrive on late April.

What will be in the Vitruvian update?

• Affinity Balancing: There’s been a lot of feedback about the different affinities, but Builders and Scientists are almost always seen as the strongest. This impacts most discussions about balance, so with this update we are placing some additional restrictions on their abilities.
  • Notification Options: Given how much can happen in Humankind, some of our players were disappointed that turning notifications on or off was rather all-or-nothing before. With this update, you will be able to change this for each type of notification individually.
  • Religion Improvements: Many players pointed out that after we separated Historic Religions from Tenets to give them more freedom, the AI no longer adopted historic religions. This has now been resolved, and the Tenet screen has been updated to show tenet effects and how to adopt historic religions more clearly.
  • Early Modern Sieges: While we’ve improved the AI around sieges, we’ve also been following other feedback about them. One of the problems our players pointed out was that you could lose access to your old siege engines while at war. With this update, your engineers should no longer forget how to build a trebuchet in the middle of a siege.
  • And many other smaller fixes and changes.

From now until the update release, we’ll be talking in greater detail about these points. Further improvements based on your feedback, like improved empire names and surrender, and more will follow in future updates.

I like the clarity behind how to get Historic Religion :lol: Maybe I am just a little dumb, but I had no idea how to access it. I knew there were Holy Site visuals for Historic Holy Sites, I presumed they are purely visual, but I thought that the option to convert your Religion to Historic one will show up down the line, some Tech or later Tenet (the code does refer to cost of tenets beyond tier 4 for example). Then I was once hitting very late Era, having Tier 4 Tenets and I remembered "Wait... Where are the Historic Religions?". Well after googling I learnt one chooses it while selecting new Tenet. Was facepalm moment for me.

Sounds like they are levelling the stronger affinities down, rather than levelling the weaker ones up. Not sure that's ideal if you want to maintain some gameplay asymmetry and retain the importance of strategic choices.

Sounds like they are levelling the stronger affinities down, rather than levelling the weaker ones up. Not sure that's ideal if you want to maintain some gameplay asymmetry and retain the importance of strategic choices.
In general, no. In this case when those two abilities allow to finish the game in a fraction of total turns, I think it is the right choice. As you can see in the video, the nerf is just a 10 turn cooldown for these two abilities, and a restriction to 1 city at a time. Which could work - it‘s still insanely strong if used wisely, but doesn‘t allow these extreme speed runs or makes all other choices irrelevant.

Last edited:
In general, no. In this case when those two abilities allow to finish the game in a fraction of total turns, I think it is the right choice. As you can see in the video, the nerf is just a 10 turn cooldown for these two abilities, and a restriction to 1 city at a time. Which could work - it‘s still insanely strong if used wisely, but doesn‘t allow these extreme speed runs or makes all other choices irrelevant.

Thanks. Must have missed the detail on how it shall be nerfed. That doesn't sound too bad.

Top Bottom