So the Barbs are wimps?

Quinn Dexter

Chieftain
Ok, so the barbs in C3C are useless, but I was wondering...

Is it possible using C3C editor to create a new race called Barbarians who are permanently at war with everyone, is this possible?

If YES, they would not be able to build settlers or workers but could capture them, as well as cities obviously! They would have a very limited unit build tree maybe only one unit in each era but a reasonable unit which could only be built through sacrificing population or bought outright, just a few thoughts.

The lack of aggressive Barbs is just so disappointing!!!

If NO then I'm probably going to go back to PTW.

SO IS THIS POSSIBLE USING C3C EDITOR???

Sounds possible. You'd have to replace one of the existing Tribes with the New Barbarians, and set the Barbarian Tribe to Locked War vs all other Tribes.

I doubt they'd last long but, unless you gave them a beefy defense unit early, and maybe an era_None tech that allows a cheap unit producing Wonder.

Edit: Actually, now that I checked the editor settings, locked war would require all other Tribes to have a locked alliance= no good! :(

i can't answer your first question but if you make a babarian civ you can choose from the unit tab which civ might have what unit - so just select the units the barbs should have - if they don'shouldn't be able to build settlers, simply disable settlers for them ....

Creating "minor civs" to take the place of Barbarians is something I've already done, but I would NOT recommend making them permanently at War with everyone else. You'd have neverending war weariness unless you killed them off early. Just give them max aggression, like the Mongols or the Germans.

Let me get this straight here. You can get rid of the current barbarian system and turn them into a minor civ and still have 31 playable civs? Then it would be possible to have 32 playable civs wouldn't it?

Why don't you create a Barbarian civ and just give it all hidden nationality units. Then it will always be at war with everyone without really being at war. I'm not sure if HN units can capture cities in C3C. I know that the human's HN units cannot attack a defended city in C3C but can capture an undefended city. I've heard here on the forums that the AI HN units can attack cities and I've heard that they cannot. So I don't know. Preferably, in the case of the Barbarians, I would hope that they couldn't. They would have to resort to stealing settlers or workers to build cities.

Originally posted by dog
.................I've heard here on the forums that the AI HN units can attack cities and I've heard that they cannot. So I don't know..............

They can! :( I've seen it with my own eyes.

Originally posted by tjedge1
Let me get this straight here. You can get rid of the current barbarian system and turn them into a minor civ and still have 31 playable civs? Then it would be possible to have 32 playable civs wouldn't it?

Nope, 31 Civs is it, with "32" being the barbarians as they now stand (i.e., don't belong to a culture group, therefore can't have cities, etc.). This idea is simply to try to utilize one Civ as an alternative to the "vanilla" barbarians.

-Oz

Man, that bites, because barbarians are to easy to out advance and then destroy. Would love to have barbs like before where they can take cities and start their own civs and actually be a threat. Just ransacking is stupid.

Has anyone ever tried attacking a friendly civ city that was defended with only HN units? Of course you'd be attacking with standard units. I wonder if it would result in war being declared?

Now this is interesting...

My Mod is an ancient era type so a strong Barb presence into say middle of the second era is what I’m looking for, to slow development and bleed of the excess money.

They may not last to long but the idea is to give the other races something very serious to think about, until Iron based units are built.

I must admit I quite like the Idea of my New Barbs sacrificing city population to build new units, and by capturing everyone’s workers and settlers, as they cannot build there own will really feel like SLAVERY!

I'll give it a go...

THANKS for the help.

interesting thought, maybe u should experiment a bit with this and pursue it further :)

Give us a heads up on your results. I might be interested in using them in a later mod. Please.

Top Bottom