• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

So what kind of troll created the AI, exactly?

Isabella seems designed to consider the entire map as "next to her empire". The current game I'm playing, she did a similar thing described by the OP; she shipped a settler + warrior 20ish squares across the map, ignoring at least 2 excellent city sites, to settle right on my southern border. I razed it.

Later on, I settled a city on the north coast (she's on the east coast), about 20+ squares from her border, and immediately she drops by to ask if I'll stop settling cities near her.

You can guess what I told her.

You ever hear of the Treaty of Tordesillas?

Btw - I agree - this is plain dumb by the AI. No other way to fathom it. Yes sometimes aggressively settling near an opponents capital is good strategy - can provoke an early war etc and seriously pisses me off when it happens to me if I don't have a ready military available (as it changes my whole early build priority instantly) but when its so far away to be undefendable - and with other civs around closer AND with Cerro de Potosi (which for Spain = won game almost) I don't know what to say - stupid stupid stupid AI.

This drives me absolutely crazy. It's easily the flaw I find most appalling in the current state of the game. It seems an easy fix, too; in whatever equation the AI uses to determine where to settle, include a penalty multiplier per tile away from existing territory. (I admit that I don't know how AI prioritizes settling, and maybe this penalty value already exists; if so, increase it by about 100000%.) I can't count the number of games where any enjoyment or immersion I had was destroyed by some civ spending 20 turns moving a settler across the entire world to settle one luxury. It's ridiculous and needs to be fixed.

Started a file as France and with a great start too, until I found SHAKA was my neighbor! By turn 40 he had founded SIX cities and beat me to my preferred second city site. Had to build seven CB and the GW just to keep him out. Soon he shall taste the blade of the Musketeer...

You can see on the minimap the extent of his evils, and since this he has founded FIVE more cities. UGH. :cry:

Turn 40, this is Deity I guess? :/

Turn 40, this is Deity I guess? :/

No, it's PRINCE! I had to give up on this game because Shaka conquered all of Japan and Songhai. :mad: :lol: :crazyeye: :cry: :mad:

That response gave me some mixed emotions...

Attachments

• 2013-08-09_00002.jpg
    2013-08-09_00002.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom