So whats wrong with this laptop? (Start up screenshot)

Abaddon

Deity
Ok, so my mother recently received a laptop from one of the people who rents a flat off her. They are claiming a leak from the flat above has damaged their laptop.

I doubt this, but it doesn't really matter.. its all on insurance. We get the laptop, the renter gets a new one! But, its a rubbish old laptop, im just wanting to flog it off on eBay to get rid of it.

When I power it on.. this happens:

Spoiler :

When I tell it to "continue" all I get is a flashing: _
in the top right of the screen.. 15mins and counting, nothing else happens.

So, whats the dealio?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    370.7 KB · Views: 148
Well I'm not a computer expert or anything, but I THINK that it could be to do with the hard disk.

Yeah, probably the hard disk. It's a piece of junk though, not even sure you can sell it for spares since the hard drive was probably the only bit that isn't completely obsolete.

P.S. you absolutely should have taken the photo naked and seen if anyone noticed your reflection.

Its only a bathrobe, so im halfway there! ;)

Ok, so my mother recently received a laptop from one of the people who rents a flat off her. They are claiming a leak from the flat above has damaged their laptop.

I doubt this, but it doesn't really matter.. its all on insurance. We get the laptop, the renter gets a new one! But, its a rubbish old laptop, im just wanting to flog it off on eBay to get rid of it.

When I power it on.. this happens:

Spoiler :

When I tell it to "continue" all I get is a flashing: _
in the top right of the screen.. 15mins and counting, nothing else happens.

So, whats the dealio?
Hard drive died, that's not water damage and they are just claiming it to get a new laptop, or they are simpletons

Top Bottom