Sogno di volare live in Llangollen

Uberfrog

Deity
Last week, Christopher Tin was a headline performer at the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod (Festival) in north Wales, where he conducted the Welsh National Opera and a purpose-assembled Welsh choir in a performance of Sogno di volare, as well as Calling All Dawns, his song cycle featuring Baba Yetu.

I was unfortunately not there in person, but the performance was cracking and is available internationally online on the S4C (the Welsh language TV channel here in the UK) website.

I thought some of you might like to see another live performance of Tin's excellent Civ theme tunes. It's certainly something to listen to while you browse SteamDB for depot changes and wait for the First Look to drop :p

The performance starts at 1:40, there's a short interview with Tin (in English!) at 19:00, and then Baba Yetu starts right afterwards around 21:00. Enjoy!

http://www.s4c.cymru/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=562928829

Last edited:
I clicked the link, and it says "No compatible source found for this video". So I can't see anything but the dark void of a music-less world.

T_T

Maybe it's because I'm viewing this from France? But that shouldn't affect it right?

Hm, works in Internet Explorer but not Chrome for me (even after clearing the cache, downloads, etc.)

A lot of the songs that follow Sogno seem to be from Skyrim....weird. Where are the other Calling All Dawns songs? (I was hoping for some African ones but haven't found them thus far).

Edit: Found one Portuguese song from Calling All Dawns at around 15:20, and the Japanese song follows Baba Yetu. :)

Edit: Full program with song list here.

Last edited:
Did not work on Chrome; worked on Edge. :S

Hm, works in Internet Explorer but not Chrome for me (even after clearing the cache, downloads, etc.)

A lot of the songs that follow Sogno seem to be from Skyrim....weird. Where are the other Calling All Dawns songs? (I was hoping for some African ones but haven't found them thus far).

Edit: Found one Portuguese song from Calling All Dawns at around 15:20, and the Japanese song follows Baba Yetu. :)

Edit: Full program with song list here.

The entire cycle of Calling All Dawns is after 21:00 : Baba Yetu is the opening of that suite, and is also played once again as an encore right at the end.

It's a shame that the Handel and the stuff from Journey didn't make the cut. Everything else on that programme is in the broadcast. The song from Everyone's Gone to the Rapture was nice (7:25), and the Portuguese fado singer singing Dovahkiin was fun (9:45). The Portuguese song at 15:20 is from the Drop that Contained the Sea, Tin's second song cycle.

Last edited:
I had no idea Tin was to perform on the festival. But I went on Saturday, and there was this youth choir from South Africa and they surprised me by performing the whole Lion King soundtrack followed by Baba Yetu. I just moved into the UK 4 months ago, and I feel this was somehow magical, like I was meant to be there :O:O

ok once you get past the dude "jumping into the video game" it is really good

ok once you get past the dude "jumping into the video game" it is really good

Yeah all the stuff about "gemau fideo" was pretty forced, and it helped a lot that I could barely understand a word he was saying :p. It's worth saying that S4C is a channel aimed at the wider Welsh-speaking audience, and those tuning into the Eisteddfod are highly unlikely to be particularly avid gamers. But TV's handling of game culture is dreadful in general, and it seems Welsh is no exception! :lol:

Top Bottom