Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch

I don't think you'll need a big unofficial patch to fix the real official patch ;)

Thing like that just don't happen twice ;)

I think he doesn't ;)

If I'm not mistaken, the patch is finished and in beta testing right now, which means that Solver doesn't have to speculate about the qualitiy of the patch...

If I'm not mistaken, the patch is finished and in beta testing right now, which means that Solver doesn't have to speculate about the qualitiy of the patch...

I think they are very capable of screwing it up between beta testing and release. But I will remain optimistic.

Well the patch notes have showed up now, if not the actual patch, and it looks like they've covered most things. We'll have to wait and see how the tweaked AI is this time round.

Hmm, I've played two games with the Solver patch and BOTH GAMES the entire world was the SAME RELIGION. Coincidence? Gonna try for a 3rd.

Hi Solver, sorry to introduce myself here but what do you think about the submarines discussion ? How about to produce a quick fix to give them some dignity ?

I am also thinking about a petition to wipe them all out called : " Let's nuke those dirty pixels " , would you sign it ?

Thanks

Hi Solver, sorry to introduce myself here but what do you think about the submarines discussion ? How about to produce a quick fix to give them some dignity ?

I am also thinking about a petition to wipe them all out called : " Let's nuke those dirty pixels " , would you sign it ?

Thanks

If the subs can't live with dignity they should all die with honor?

What do you think is the problem with submarines? Too weak? I've never seen them that way. Their missile-carrying ability aside, they have a 50% withdrawal chance. You should promote subs with Flanking II as you build them - that's 90% withdrawal.

They usually won't kill enemy ships then, but with 90% withdrawal, they're very likely to survive and weaken the enemy ship to the point where it won't survive the next battle. If a Destroyer is weakened, say, to 12/30, it will definitely lose the next battle to another Destroyer, Submarine or possibly even a Transport/Carrier.

If the subs can't live with dignity they should all die with honor?

I am suffering seeing them in that ectoplasm state therefore I would like to end their pains. Yep, it seems a paradox but that's true.

@ Solver : you have a point over there but IMO their " 3.13 patch " new strenght is a good fix applied in weak way,it is like to repair an earthquaked building with adhesive tapes and glue.

Anyway I'll approach their weakness from an xml point of view.I believe a strenght of 50 and a dozens of preloaded cruise missiles ( Tomahawk ) could raise their crew morale.

What do you think is the problem with submarines? Too weak? I've never seen them that way. Their missile-carrying ability aside, they have a 50% withdrawal chance. You should promote subs with Flanking II as you build them - that's 90% withdrawal.

They usually won't kill enemy ships then, but with 90% withdrawal, they're very likely to survive and weaken the enemy ship to the point where it won't survive the next battle. If a Destroyer is weakened, say, to 12/30, it will definitely lose the next battle to another Destroyer, Submarine or possibly even a Transport/Carrier.

True, but there's something eminently unsatisfying about using subs in this manner. And it still begs the question of 'why build a sub when you could just build another battleship or destroyer?'

True, but there's something eminently unsatisfying about using subs in this manner. And it still begs the question of 'why build a sub when you could just build another battleship or destroyer?'

Huh? Your sub and destroyer (or two subs) can take out a destroyer. Then heal and take out another destroyer. Then heal and take out another destroyer. Etc.

If you had two destroyers vs one, half the time you would lose one destroyer in the very first battle.

Huh? Your sub and destroyer (or two subs) can take out a destroyer. Then heal and take out another destroyer. Then heal and take out another destroyer. Etc.

If you had two destroyers vs one, half the time you would lose one destroyer in the very first battle.

If you were in the position to have two subs vs one destroyer, wouldn't you be better off with just one battleship? Less cost, less time, better chance of winning.

Additionally, how often do you find yourself up against a single AI destroyer? In the more likely situation that there's more than one defending ship, then having subs become even more pointless, since each sub will have to target a fresh defender... similar to above, one battleship will do the job better.

If you were in the position to have two subs vs one destroyer, wouldn't you be better off with just one battleship? Less cost, less time, better chance of winning.

Additionally, how often do you find yourself up against a single AI destroyer? In the more likely situation that there's more than one defending ship, then having subs become even more pointless, since each sub will have to target a fresh defender... similar to above, one battleship will do the job better.

:thumbsup:

that's exactly the point of subs!
you can use a pair to go weaken the AI stack before they come near you, without retaliation.

Top Bottom