Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch

So either way, the subs lose economically. You lose more in subs than you take out in ships they kill.

Am I wrong? Aren't submarines supposed to work the other way around, being a relatively cheap (but risky) way to fight a naval war?

Two surface combat groups would tend to be more even on attack vs. defense. Speedy destroyers, when wounded, can escape often.

The attack sub change is a help, and will definitely tip the scales for my use of them. I like using some just because I think their cool, but that doesn't mean that they are a good strategic weapon.
Good analysis (I didn't quote all of it).

With current gameplay, where subs win out is when you have a numerical advantage. Yes, you might reply that this is true of just about any unit. However, subs more easily get extremely high retreat odds. Thus, they survive the critical first, odds-against-you atttacks. This is basically softening up the defense, like using artillery in land fight. As long the subs they have a place to retreat within movement range, this is a winning situation. You win out in hammer cost/loss and you win out by killing the enemy units.

That all said it would be nice to have subs tweaked... the added stealth I suggested (invisible to destroyers and air units unless in the adjacent tiles) and possibly some other tweak.

Wodan

How are Solver's Unofficial BtS Patch and Solver's Events both installed? I want to run both mods. Do you still replace the DLL or everything goes into the Mods folder??? Thanks in advance.

You can run both fine, doesn't matter. The events go into their Mods folder, the dll goes under the main Assets folder anyway. Essentially, do the same thing as if you installed them alone...

No straightforward way. But if you unzipped the dll file to Assets after a patch install, it's there.

Yep. Just remember that you need to do it again if you (re)-install a patch. That applies for 3.02/3.03 - you won't need my patch anymore after 3.11 is out.

Yep. Just remember that you need to do it again if you (re)-install a patch. That applies for 3.02/3.03 - you won't need my patch anymore after 3.11 is out.

Ok so it should be working... from the sounds of 3.02 and 3.03 I don't think ill get either of em :lol: and one more question I have a patch for RFC do I do the same thing but replace file in assets folder of RFC in MODS folder?

You'll have to leave RFC as it is. You can't just overwrite a dll from a mod, that will break it, sorry.

What do you think is the problem with submarines? Too weak? I've never seen them that way. Their missile-carrying ability aside, they have a 50% withdrawal chance. You should promote subs with Flanking II as you build them - that's 90% withdrawal.

They usually won't kill enemy ships then, but with 90% withdrawal, they're very likely to survive and weaken the enemy ship to the point where it won't survive the next battle. If a Destroyer is weakened, say, to 12/30, it will definitely lose the next battle to another Destroyer, Submarine or possibly even a Transport/Carrier.
I have always built Flanking II subs and can't await the new Blitz promotion for ships: My subs weaken the enemy, then my Blitz destroyers/battleships sink them all, losses: nearly zero.
@Solver: Flanking II subs only have 80% withdrawal chance AFAIK (50+10+20)

just a quetion : solver's patch is to apply over 3.13 or directly on bts commercial version ?

Patch 3.13 is not yet available. Solver's patch is to apply, as you say, on bts commercial version.
3.13 will take the place of Solver's patch, even including most or all of what he has done.

And presumeably it is a good idea, if using Solvers patch (which everyone should :goodjob: ), to revert to out of the box-BtS before applying 3.13, when it comes. Which just means to restore the one file you need from Solver's with the backup you took ;)

And presumeably it is a good idea, if using Solvers patch (which everyone should :goodjob: ), to revert to out of the box-BtS before applying 3.13, when it comes. Which just means to restore the one file you need from Solver's with the backup you took ;)

That won't be necessary. 3.13 will overwrite my patch anyway, so there's no need to revert to the backup.

Is something ever that easy? Jolly good :)

not that i don't want it to be easy ... but i thought from the thread about your added events that adding even a single event breaks saved games? i guess y'all found a way to fix that yay!

Top Bottom