Some (endgame) observations from the latest version

Not "new," but not exactly what I would consider super experienced, either.

That being said, I was talking about allying city states in general, not specifically a diplomatic victory. The victory seems fine, but I've genuinely thrown my hands up at trying to keep any CS allied. Playing as Venice, with Statecraft's and Freedom's influence-per-turn and watching their missions I STILL couldn't even keep my closest neighbors allied for more than a couple of turns at a time.

Isnt venice with statecraft a bit absurd? I mean, your UA is conquering CS with a great merchant, effectivly reducing possible CS alliances.
If you like diplomatic victory, why not go germany, marocco, ottoman? All three benefit also from the extra trade route from statecraft.

Isnt venice with statecraft a bit absurd? I mean, your UA is conquering CS with a great merchant, effectivly reducing possible CS alliances.
If you like diplomatic victory, why not go germany, marocco, ottoman? All three benefit also from the extra trade route from statecraft.
Venice actually gets extra votes from one of his national wonders, and statecraft has some trade route bonuses. If you are able to buy only 1-2 city states, then conquer a few additional cities you can probably win a diplo victory.

Statecraft is almost always a go-to pick for me anytime I'm playing Venice. My OCC Venice game won an easy cultural victory in the modern era without ever touching artistry.

Annexing CS isn't the only the thing the MoV does; his Colonias are also quite good as a tile and as a bomb.

Top Bottom