1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Some ideas.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Gravage, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

I tend to agree. The only time FoL is worthwhile is when playing as the Ljosalfar. A 2 :commerce: improvement that can be built by any Civ's worker on ancient forests with the Hidden Paths tech would be nice...

2. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

plus druids are not FoL specific, anyone can turn deserts into forest grasslands.

technically, OO is much better because they can get elven slaves and druids, to make 2 food 1 production 5 commerce base against non-elves Leaves followers who can only get 3 food 2 production max.

3. Nero's fire

Nero's fire Warlord

ORDER for the win!!!
    Because no one here is giving the later religions any props. I know the first three are always heavilly dissucesed but making it so your ever conquering empire has both low maintance cost and free defensive units can't be beat.

Just wanting to throw out my support of my fav religion. I will leave you all with this to ponder, two new religions are possibly in the works, rather then worry about minor balance changes I wonder what will seperate those from the current 5. :)
    Go Sephner.

4. Morganknight

Morganknight Warlord

Not dwarves.:(

5. Sureshot

Sureshot Goddess

in my mod dwarven druids can make land from ocean and hills and all that, plus they can "mineralize" grasslands into plains... id say they're a pretty good alternative.

6. Chandrasekhar

Chandrasekhar Determined

Technically, they need to have the tech Mind Stapling to do this, and even then they're drawing from a limited pool of workers, and even then the slaves work at 40% speed. :mischief:

I prefer Runes of Kilmorph of the first three religions. But I rarely found any of the first three religions because...
    Yes, I tend to go with the Order. While the other three might be very powerful in their own way, the Order gets the best religious hero, and they can make all their cities 0% maintenence. If only their unique civic was better...

7. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Hey, Order from me too :p

I alredy founded the Order before any other religion in a game o.o

It was hard tough, had to use 2 or 3 Great Persons for techs...

8. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

I like the order religion as the best choice, btw how do you get 0 maint cities with it, I know you can get it low, nm I just can't do math. I also like the AV for flavor purposes but I really feel that for it being one of the later two it is underpowered. But as mentioned many times before, this is an awsome work in progress and it keeps getting better.

9. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

40% (Courthouse) + 40% (Basillica) + 20% (Dungeon) = 100%

10. Ajidica

Ajidica High Quality Person

Would it be possible to get a scerio put into the mod? it seems that a scenerio would work well in the mod. Since it sounds like it is slightly based on D&D, it would be easy to make a map for it.

11. vyapti

vyapti Prince

Great Prophets are easy to pump out. 2 GP for points to pop Priesthood and then Religious Discipline. W/ Rankarok (sp?) your GP farm has decent production. The thing that I really like about Prophets, though, is that they stick to the religious tree, so they're useful for popping techs longer.

12. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Prophecy of Ragnarok

And yes, its really easy to pump them, specially playing the Elohim and focusing on the religious tree =X

13. Kael

Kael Deity

Scenarios are scheduled for the last phase, "Ice". Its hard for us to spend a lot of time developing scenarios (to the detail we would like to do them) until we get all the fun stuff in.

We have lots planned for FfH. You are currently only playing the first phase.

14. eerr

eerr Emperor

so your about to do something as massive as the ffh1-ffh1.5 or 2.0 or we?
    except, many big things like magic and new units are already in