Some observations/issues and questions

All I can go off of is the xml files that pertain to Tourism. And the Prerequisite Tech for Tourism is Classical Lifestyle. That is when the levels are supposed to start tallying for each level of Tourism to be acquired, All this according to the xml files. But as to the Property Tourism then T-brd Needs to answer this because I did not build it. Iirc he did. If buildings and wonders give tourism before then then (and I agree that I've seen this too) then as you say something is off. But it's been Off for as long as Tourism has been part of the Mod. Perhaps it's just that this is a display issue. Or those point gained before Classical Lifestyle (which is a relatively New tech in terms of Mod life) while displayed are meaningless. As I do Not code I can not answer this part of the perceived problem.

If my reminding T-brd that you Are using v37 stock upsets you I'm not sure what to tell you. I have asked you to Update but you have specifically stated you do not want to. This has to be factored into trying to find an answer none the less. Therefore what you perceive as a bug may or may not be a "bug" after all or in the same sense that you may think it is. Or not one now in terms of the .dll we are working with at this time. Jumping back to older .dlls is a time consuming task, or so T-brd tells us as he is the one that is dealing with it (ie has the skill set to do so).

And I prefaced my statements to you about Not trying to be rude but trying to get more details

Now if you had/have Updated and you still have this problem then it becomes easier to track down. Just ask T-brd about that.

Tell you what I'll just stay out of the conversation from now on over your observations. That way you won't get upset with me. But please remember to give T-brd and whomever else responds to your post the details ie svn version your game is being started from and it's current svn state. All of which can be found by hovering your mouse pointer over your empires Flag next to the red End of turn Button.

I'll leave you alone now.
Not upset at all, just my lack in english that made me appear as such.

I appreciate your feedback as much as anyone elses. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't wasting anyones time with my reports (due to my old version) 'coz if that is the case then I would cease reporting until I have upgraded.

Not read through the whole thread. But here are some observations of my own game:

- The AI appears to have fewer cities than I do. on deity, about half way through the ancient age, (small map, 5 civs, marathon), I can sustain 13 cities even without building wealth. There is plenty of neutral territory than could be taken. I know that with the wfl option there is a benefit in having fewer cities, but is it worth the smaller map control, fewer resources and fewer cities going further into the game?

- AI rarely builds wonders. I neglated most of them for a long time, but still managed to get Stonehedge for example. The one they did build was pyramides, which arguably is a very strong wonder.

- The "Way of XY" wonder set might be a bit too expensive. I think this will be addressed with the building review anyways. Same goes for the totally op 20% :culture: from carnival.

- The "Way of XY" wonder set might be a bit too expensive. I think this will be addressed with the building review anyways. Same goes for the totally op 20% :culture: from carnival.
Yeah, it's not that it's all that expensive, it's that everything around it isn't as expensive as it should be.

Ah ok... well I probably only got used to it, but I kinda like how you can build all "useful" buildings in every city. I think you suffer from the same problem ;) I actually liked the idea of specializing cities quite a lot...

Also, screw the not settling or not building wonders part. They started doing that and now the map is settled.

Another thing I realized is that only 2 cities got unhealthy, eventhough I never targeted building health buildings. I also completely neglated Disease and activly avoided -Disease buildings (as they cost gold). Happyness on the other hand is completely out of balance. I never had any surplus unhappiness, in most cities I actually have twice as many happy faces as unhappy ones! (60 to 30). This made it completely a non-issue. Note that I play on deity and don't have "more resources" activated. Gold is also at +600 a turn and I stockpiled over 30k now. I just entered the classical era.

@Faustmouse,
What SVN version are you playing? How long have you been in this particular game?

And without specifics about your game say this or that does or does not happen is rather meaningless. Game Details please! And a save game placed in the Game Speed thread would be most helpful. Otherwise I can't do anything specific to address what you "think" you are seeing.

If you have not updated for awhile then the latest changes to balance are not in your game

Last edited:
It's a pretty recent SVN build, I think after that was only Peppers merge of new buildings. As written above, my game details are: small map, 5 civs, marathon, deity. Notable options include no traits at all, religion disabling, no revolutions. I will also upload a savegame.

As you asked for savegames of games in a later stage, I thought I'll upload one for every new era so you can see the progression.
As for now, it is one of the best games of civ I ever played! Turn times are reasonable, techs come in at reasonable turntimes (~4 each) and the AI is slightly ahead, but not a big deal (WFL makes a difference here I'd say!). Also, it is possible to have good relations with the AI and not everybody against you. Well balanced!

Thanks and Thanks again for the save game. These really help me in my decision making of where and what to trim or buff. :)

1) An "early" Improvment for Ocean tiles would be nice, like Offshore-Windpark at Ecology for example.
2) Water and Air Pollution are not symmetrical; in fact, Water Pollution is rarely an issue. Maybe per pop water pollution should be increased by 50-100%
3) I built the Catacombs building and the message that enemies found a way inside the city appears every turn (I have 38 cities). But there are no enemies on the map...
4) A lot of Industrial and beyond buildings need to be reviewed... They have strange stats, strange prereqs and are mostly not well thought out.

Water and Air Pollution are not symmetrical; in fact, Water Pollution is rarely an issue.
While I haven't played for a while, I have seen quite a few times that it was exactly the other way around in Ancient and Classical. And at that time you can do far less to combat pollution than in Industrial+ when Air Pollution really becomes an issue.

While I haven't played for a while, I have seen quite a few times that it was exactly the other way around in Ancient and Classical. And at that time you can do far less to combat pollution than in Industrial+ when Air Pollution really becomes an issue.
I think this has some historical accuracy. Water was tough to keep clean back then and this was a problem for many growing civilizations. Some of this is also how one chooses to manage things as a player as well. There's a few ... er... traps for the unwary on this.

Top Bottom