Some questions I need the answers for

I need the answer to another question: How much did a normal katana weigh? (Assuming iron)

What, you want to puncture the water bed now to release some of the pressure when you hit it?

Seriously, what are these for?

Tomoyo said:
I need the answer to another question: How much did a normal katana weigh? (Assuming iron)

They're almost never made out of iron. Try steel instead.

Including a leather scabbard - between 3 and 3.75 pounds. Depends on blade width - blade length is usually about 28 inches, although total length is 38-42 inches, rarely more.

One that suits your grip feels next to weightless in your hand.

- How long could a normal, healthy, 20 year old human walk on a road in one hour?

How long? For exactly one hour, same for the wolf. My apologies if this a translation issue, it's difficult to tell, these are strange questions.

How far? Is this normal healthy 20 year old male or female? How tall? How heavy? Is it uphill, downhill, flat, uneven? What type of road surface? Is the person barefoot? Is the road straight or bendy?......

Also depends on environmental conditions and how you are dressed.

Walking on a road across a desert is a bad idea without a hat, nevermind the water. The heat from the road will burn your feet and slow you down.

Ditto Arctic conditions... the snow on the road will slow you down.

Male, in ~20 degrees C, sunny day, rock road, sneakers.

Well people walk at about 4 or 5 mph, so I'd say 4 or 5 miles. On a rocky road, probably less -- you can't "power walk" on a rocky road, so closer to 3.5 maybe.

Also depends on incline - slower walking up hills.

Mind you, I wouldn't advocate walking along roads. Too much chance of being run down.

CruddyLeper said:
Mind you, I wouldn't advocate walking along roads. Too much chance of being run down.
It's not me doing the walking... as I said, this information will be used in an RPG at my forum.

CruddyLeper said:
They're almost never made out of iron. Try steel instead.

Including a leather scabbard - between 3 and 3.75 pounds. Depends on blade width - blade length is usually about 28 inches, although total length is 38-42 inches, rarely more.

One that suits your grip feels next to weightless in your hand.

I'd actually say somewhere around 4 or 4.25 pounds. Common blade length is 26 inches, steel forged.

Actually grip has nothign to do with how it will feel. It's rather, how balanced the sword is. While a balanced sword is swifter in stroke, a sword that is heavier towards the blade has more power.

How acute is a Siberian wolf's sense of smell? (Or maybe I should just ask Chukchi)

Reno said:
Doing some research, eh? ;)
It helps. :D

Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

Tomoyo said:
How acute is a Siberian wolf's sense of smell? (Or maybe I should just ask Chukchi)
Yes you should... About 100 times better than that of a humsns, can smell things over a mile away if the wind is right...

Also, wolves have poor eyesight, they have no fovea centralis, but they have extremely accurate peripheral vision, and good night time vision...
Steph said:
Where's your RPG game?
http://s4.invisionfree.com/Tomoyo/index.php?showforum=28

Top Bottom