Some Roman Units

Hey Bakuel, just came up against Augustus in a game, and these units are completely fricking awesome! I'm a massive fan :D

The only comment I could make is that the spearman seems to have a rather small head...other than that (and it might just be me imagining things), totally great!

I'll second the fact the Spearman has a tiny head... looks like a birth defect or something!

Great units, but if you ever decide to touch them up, the spearman's head could use a resize!

I fixed the spearman head. I resized it about one tenth larger. I hope that works. :)

Excellent... thanks for fixing the Spearman's freakishly small head... he looked like a carny! I checked it out... normal size head now... looks great... he's in my game now!

Just a thought on modern-age Roman units...I can't imagine chest/shoulder armor would be used...but some sort of modernized variant of the helmet would look really good. A traditional dagger or something might look fancy.

The "Bulky Armor" theme is a rather popular idea in many Sci-Fi and Fiction instances. Actually i think the guy in the picture is a WH40000 Imperial guardsman or something like this.

THOSE NEW UNITS ARE THE GREATEST EVER MADE IN CFC HISTORY!!!

:p

now we just need Greek, Byzantine, Babylonian, Mongolian, Native American, etc. etc. etc. versions of these. :p

I'm glad you like it magicmoon44! :)
@cybrxkhan Give me a couple of years. Then I might make them. :p Even though the mongol riflemen do sound cool. :)

I couldn't find any good pictures of Italian Rifleman from around the Italian Unification era. I can make some Rifleman Italian units if anyone wants me to though, if they give me some pictures.

Thanks for the comments sepamu92.
I know about the grenadier. :cringe:
Up until the last minute, there was a version without a chest plate and a version similar to the 1870 Rifleman. I just uploaded this version in the end so it would look different from the Rifleman. The other armored unit the 1805 Rifleman was requested by magicmoon44.

Hey these are great... keep it up Bakuel... I LOVE your work!

@cybrxkhan Give me a couple of years. Then I might make them. Even though the mongol riflemen do sound cool.

nah, just joking, you don't need to remake history. :p though 300-style Greek marines would be awesome. especially if they were wearing those helmets. :p

anyhow, this is as imaginative as history will let us! good job again!

LOL, now you force me to split Rome into Rome and Italy ;)

Nice units.

Not sure what timeframe that would be, here's a picture from the early 1800s (somewhere between 1806 and 1815).
Except nobody should be making "Rifleman" units from the Napoleonic area, which was FIRMLY ENTRENCHED in Musket warfare.

RIFLES became widespread in armies of the 1860s and 1870s. Uniforms from the early 1800s should be related to musket armies, not rifled ones.

1805 armies are still about 60 or 70 years shy of widespread rifle use.

@ cybrxkhan, I’m not going to do Roman Tanks… Don’t try to temp me. :p

mamba thanks for the pic! I could either make something like that or make something latter era like Wolfshanze suggests similar to Giuseppe Garibaldi’s Redshirts,
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/112496/Lmille.jpg
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/112496/Battaglia_del_Volturno.jpg
But that is during the 1850s-1860s I think, they may not be true riflemen, but it is the closes thing I could find.:dunno:
It really is hard to find good pictures of Italian infantry right after the unification… Most sites are concerned with the Italian uniforms during the world wars.

Top Bottom