Some silly questions

Zorn

Prince
If I hover over a AI-city, it will show me how many techs and cities they have.
How do I get this information for my own civ? I know I could just count, but I usually have some 20ish cities, wich makes it awkward.

How can I access my advisors? In all my games, I had their screen pop up once (maybe I hit a hotkey?) but I am not able to reproduce that. I read that there should be a button on the upper right screen, but I can`t find anything.

Is there a way to look at the ideology tenets? For the social policies, you can easily see what you can get and plan ahead, but the tenets are allways blank. Is there a better way than learn them all by heart or refer to external references?

1) I might be wrong but hitting the F2 key is probably the best you can do.

2) Advisors are pretty useless but you can access them by going to the drop down list on the top right or hitting F keys - try them them out to find the right one. You can also choose how often they appear as pop ups in the options menu

3) I made a list of the tenets and printed them out.

If I hover over a AI-city, it will show me how many techs and cities they have.
How do I get this information for my own civ? I know I could just count, but I usually have some 20ish cities, wich makes it awkward.

Go in your economic overview screen -> Ressources and Happiness -> Under unhappinness you should see # of cities

How can I access my advisors? In all my games, I had their screen pop up once (maybe I hit a hotkey?) but I am not able to reproduce that. I read that there should be a button on the upper right screen, but I can`t find anything.

Just like Mahasona said you have to be careful because they all push for something different and it is not known which one you should prioritize first.

Is there a way to look at the ideology tenets? For the social policies, you can easily see what you can get and plan ahead, but the tenets are allways blank. Is there a better way than learn them all by heart or refer to external references?

There is a little magnifying glass icon in the corner of each ideologies once they become available. There you can see them all before making a selection. Otherwise you have to use a wiki site.

InfoAddict and/or Enhanced UI are very helpful for getting that information. If you prefer not to use mods, there isn't a lot you can do with the UI, unfortunately.

The civilopedia lists all the policies including ideologies if you open the policy icon. Although it doesn't list them in the most user-friendly manner.

The civilopedia lists all the policies including ideologies if you open the policy icon. Although it doesn't list them in the most user-friendly manner.

Yeah, the Civilopedia lists them alphabetically rather than, say, by Tier. So unless you have the Names and Tiers memorized, you have to keep clicking on all of them to figure out which Tier they are if you want to plan ahead.

Too bad you can't just see them in a hover-over in the SP window like the Social Policies :( I'm pretty sure you can't even look at the in the SP window even after you've selected an Ideology, unless it's time to pick a new SP/Tenet.

Top Bottom