SOON TAM Warlords v1.0

Laurino

Warlord
As work is going well, I decided to ask about the features you'd want to be in v1.0 of TAM Warlords. Of course, all that will be in TAM 1.97 will be in there too. The new religion system, revamped civics, etc.

Keep it to "adjustments" in here, as other threads will be open for "bigger" changes in TAM (ie.: Civics).

As for now, I'll try to have TAM Warlords ready next week, unless there's some major problem.

Laurino said:
As work is going well, I decided to ask about the features you'd want to be in v1.0 of TAM Warlords. Of course, all that will be in TAM 1.97 will be in there too. The new religion system, revamped civics, etc.

Will vassals and great generals be in?

Of course they'l be in! Vassals and Great Generals were very important in the Ancient Mediterranean.

great news laurino! good work getting tam to warlords!!

whoop, talk about embarrasing, i had rembered drtad saying that he was working on getting TAM to warlords, my greatest apologies Laurino, I did not mean to offend!

I noticed that 1.97 has a couple of changes with the Javalineers. Probably best to play test those. But I thought I would note that there were a number of ideas posted in the Javalineer rush thread a while ago. For example:

Palaces provide +25% defensive bonus

whoop, talk about embarrasing, i had rembered drtad saying that he was working on getting TAM to warlords, my greatest apologies Laurino, I did not mean to offend!

I did say that I was going to help, but Laurino finished with the XML even before he released 1.97! I'll have to wait for the next version to help out.

Quantumf8 said:
great news laurino! good work getting tam to warlords!!

It's good, no problem;)

Since you are going to use great generals, have you removed the dumb and gimmicky hero units?

I think Heroes and Great Generals are going to get along very well together. Heroes are great flavor units, one of many that help differentiate TAM from the boxed Warlords scenarios.

Chode said:
Its just stupid using one supertough guy for over a thousand years.

It's stupid that it takes a thousand years for a warrior to explore from Egypt to Persia, but just this can happen in the early game. And why do lions pose such a problem to what must be a fairly large band of warriors? There are lots of things in Civ that don't make sense like that.

I like the heros -- the give more flavor. However, I don't think their special abilities are good enough. I generally end up not attacking with them so I can use their healing -- that doesn't feel right. The heroes in Fall from Heaven are great, but more evokative of fantasy than history (they gain one XP a turn for the first hundred turns).

Perhaps they should heal just the square they are in and gain XP twice as fast as everyone else?

I like the idea behind Army promotion for military units.

If possible, I suggest to implement a similar idea ("determination" promotion?) for civs having gems/gold/silver in their resources pool.
In ancient times, soldiers fought better if they were well payed and motivated, and several wars started to control rich mines, more then iron/copper/tin ones.

It should add more intrigue to gameplay.

Hypnotoad said:
There are lots of things in Civ that don't make sense like that.

QFT. Civ simply doesn't have the capacity to be a realistic sim, and probably wouldn't be as fun if it did. Keep the heroes! In fact, add more!

Heroes are there to stay;)

But the way they are now, they don't have hero stats... They merely look as field marshals, as it was written in previous posts. They will "stand out" in next versions.

ambrox62 said:
If possible, I suggest to implement a similar idea ("determination" promotion?) for civs having gems/gold/silver in their resources pool. In ancient times, soldiers fought better if they were well payed and motivated, and several wars started to control rich mines, more then iron/copper/tin ones.
IIRC one thing like that is in the Chinese Unification scenario in Warlords, the Standing Army civic which is something like +2 EXP for all new units, but cost 2 per military unit.

Short question:

Is it possible to have Civ Warlord installed and still play TAM Non-Warlord version?
Since i only play TAM when it comes for Civ4 i did not test Warlords yet, i will when TAM Warlord will be released though :p

Yes it's possible, when TAM is loaded, Civ4 will start instead of Warlords.

Laurino, let me know if you need help with the next version of TAM. I have some Python code to convert to WL, and I should also fix the Merchant Vessel issue once and for all.

PM me, or email me, and let me know your plans and how I can help out.

Top Bottom