SotM-Rebirth v0.23B

I built biodome in the game I just played. Biodome that is over the city, correct?.

There is a city improvement as well as a worker improvement with the same name. The improvement appears to be similar to a glasshouse but with a benefit from the non-builable maglev.

I built biodome in the game I just played. Biodome that is over the city, correct?.

:) One of those things where we have the same name for two very different objects. The improvement biodome still isn't in game that I know of.

Finished my first try, never having played this before. My first impression is that it wasnt as rough as I had imagined from a play standpoint. My second impression is that the barbs are very very tough.

Yeah, I need to remove barbs and keep the debris (goody huts). I assume this is possible, but haven't looked into it. Conversely I could limit what units the barbs get.

I played as Lunar Federation,,,prince...epic. I had little food and built my first city and explored a large area but was mostly to myself. Turn were going fast and suddenly around year 122, Barbs turn up in packs, (4-5 units groups) and despite 3 defenders they in time got the upper hand. I managed to build 1 other city but by 230 the barbs sent in lunar tanks (I didnt have yet) and that was the end.

I think because there is no water/ocean area the default number of civs to mapsize ratio is out of whack. These isolated starts are bad news because barbs have time to grow and grow and grow. We're looking for answers.

I noted the defensive land bonuses seemed messed up, at least it wasnt showing any for units in the cities and I would hope for somekind of defensive bonus against barbs. Most land types werent showing anything but 15% defensive bonus that I noticed. City-bio would be good for a barb defensive bonus, imo.

This wouldn't surprise me. I'll look into it at some point. Thanks.

The city starting as wooden structures look out of place,lol.

Agreed. Garret and Geo are looking into it, thankfully.

I liked the various resources, does the AI know how to use them?

4 ai civs went poof (barb attacks?)

Looks like more wonders are needed.

Really like the whole moon map exp.

Noted you are going to work out religions, maybe barbs or someone could be new age Sun worshippers, or maybe it needs a Doomsday cult, lol.

Will give it another go with a different civ since I was isolated (large map), I can see why you are building this out, alot of cool things in the sci-fy universe could be added here. More in a few days.

No idea if the AI knows anything at this point. The barbs are very bad news for them though. :( Wonders are definitely planned.

Try a smaller map, but with a couple extra AI. That should help limit the barbs. Or turn off barbs, but lose the goody huts.

Super! Thanks Garret. Do you have everything you need to tie it into the mod?

What files would you be changing so I can avoid modifying them?

Umm, what version does the mod you have above run on? i got an error fest trying to load it, literally thousands of errors. Have you guys got the xml together yet? or is it too early :D

It's vanilla 1.61.

If you download from the link in the first post there should be zero errors, at least zero XML errors for now.

You can run vanilla at any point if you have the CD. I run both depending on the mod I'm playing.

Warlords most likely isn't going to happen, but we are using this mod as a platform to get to BtS.

I think because there is no water/ocean area the default number of civs to mapsize ratio is out of whack. These isolated starts are bad news because barbs have time to grow and grow and grow. We're looking for answers.

Let's do like in FfHII, but the opposite: more civs/size of map. Also, I think (since this is the moon we're talking about, a rather small body) that we should code in a max limit for the mapsize. Small size is my recommendation.
Or else we revamp the map size numbers themself, that "Standard Size" creates a smaller map then the usual standard maps.

No. But I can look it up of course.
Might be quicker to ask someone of the FfHII team how they changed the number of civs/mapsize.

As on changing the sizes of random created moonmaps, the numbers simply MUST be in the moonmap python file.

Yeah, I need to remove barbs and keep the debris (goody huts). I assume this is possible, but haven't looked into it. Conversely I could limit what units the barbs get.

Using the moon map it appears this is already the case. I had turned off barbs and found plenty of debris.

Another approach that could work for barbs is something like the fireball from FFH2. I'd propose giving it high movement (10/turn), variable strength (1-4), and all terrain costs 1 move. Obviously it shouldn't be able to capture cities or capture workers.

This wouldn't surprise me. I'll look into it at some point. Thanks.

Agreed. Garret and Geo are looking into it, thankfully.

No idea if the AI knows anything at this point. The barbs are very bad news for them though. :( Wonders are definitely planned.

Try a smaller map, but with a couple extra AI. That should help limit the barbs. Or turn off barbs, but lose the goody huts.

Sounds good, Well, I think some barbs are OK, but thats if they have a place in the story-line (maybe even as aliens would be interesting), but the defensive bonuses problems make them way too strong as is. To the degree they get you early exps and require some prep for is fine, but the biodome and city itself should get barb defense bonuses. Since the AI isnt overly attacking normally, Alien barbs with (alien tech maybe?) could be cool.

I will turn them off until you decide how to handle them, well unless I just try them again for a near impossible challenge (or very small map):lol: Look forward to you first patch, thx.

Sounds good, Well, I think some barbs are OK, but thats if they have a place in the story-line (maybe even as aliens would be interesting), but the defensive bonuses problems make them way too strong as is. To the degree they get you early exps and require some prep for is fine, but the biodome and city itself should get barb defense bonuses. Since the AI isnt overly attacking normally, Alien barbs with (alien tech maybe?) could be cool.

I will turn them off until you decide how to handle them, well unless I just try them again for a near impossible challenge (or very small map):lol: Look forward to you first patch, thx.

I think they'll be disabled for the next version to see how that plays out. We have dreams of re-introducing barbs as the Earth dies, but that's down the road.

Let's do like in FfHII, but the opposite: more civs/size of map. Also, I think (since this is the moon we're talking about, a rather small body) that we should code in a max limit for the mapsize. Small size is my recommendation.
Or else we revamp the map size numbers themself, that "Standard Size" creates a smaller map then the usual standard maps.

im pretty sure that this can be done thru xml modding!

Top Bottom