Sound Bug: Field Cannon won't stop wheel sound when done with moves.

I can confirm this.
Once the sound was even still there when I had started a new game.

After the recent patch I have this problem even more often than before. Very annoying.

I used to have this problem when the game first released. Haven't had it in ages....

I have the problem very often, but it seems to be connected to the location of great generals. Very very annoying.

I've been having it more lately...

This happens to me a lot. I would call it normal at this point, in fact.

Not much traffic here, so the problem seems limited to some players?
This "never ending sound" appears in EVERY game of mine at some point in time.
I hope so much that they fix this soon, pleeeease!!!

I find it's the siege tower and generals as much as cannons.

I have that problem which is part of the greater sounds problems (sounds slowly fade away until game is silent and has to reopened...)
Anyone will find a solution - I will be greatful (also I would be greatful for creators to make a patch fixing sounds ;) )

This horrible horrible bug is driving me crazy. In my current game I've been hearing the "humming" sound of some great general mercilessly for about 300 rounds.It's giving me a headache.
If there is anyone who knows how to fix this, pleeeeeeeeease let me know!!!

It's true.
Such annoying sound in after renaiscence or industrial era.
When the map is crowded with units, the non stopping cannon's wheels sound makes the game irritating.

workaround: focus your camera far away from the bugged unit. note this will not eliminate the looping wheel sound when your camera refocused on that unit. in my experience, sometimes when I do this, the looping sound stops when I refocus.

I'm on very good PC and this starts happening for me only in late game when FPS drops and micro freezes occur, this bug happens exactly during this moment of micro freeze in the game. Friend of mine is on slower PC and he can get this bug very early in the game. I guess sound engine omits sound stop command in case of game freezing or something.

I've had this problem sometimes too.

Possible explanation/workaround:

I only seem to have this occur when I give orders to a new unit while another is still moving. For example: I order a field cannon to move 4 tiles along a road, then because I'm impatient I order a nearby musketman to move while the FC is still moving. Sometimes this causes the FC to continue looping the movement sound, but it only does so if I'm looking at it on screen. And when I click new turn, it eventually goes away as all sounds are refreshed with the new turn. I wonder if anyone using quick moves has this problem?

I'm using quick moves for a long time, and I have that stupid sound problem sooner or later in EVERY game. I am no IT expert but is it really that hard to fix?
When do we get the next patch?

I also get this, had it in Civ 5 also. Looping sound bugs get pretty annoying.

I only seem to have this occur when I give orders to a new unit while another is still moving. For example: I order a field cannon to move 4 tiles along a road, then because I'm impatient I order a nearby musketman to move while the FC is still moving. Sometimes this causes the FC to continue looping the movement sound

I can confirm, this seems to be a possible source of the problem, I noticed this, too. However, it also seems to appear with the battering ram, so I am not sure this really is linked to a certain unit type.

I also get this, had it in Civ 5 also. Looping sound bugs get pretty annoying.

Agree, in civ 5 this happened as well, but the reason was another: IIrc, it only happened when you unfocused the game while moving a unit, e. g. when alt-tabbing to another program while a unit was moving.

Top Bottom