Space Colonization modmod

And by property control units i meant police, educators, doctors and so on

OK, I see. That's something I just haven't dealt with and isn't on my agenda right now.

How does the AI handle revolutions on another planets? How does lunar rebels fight the terrestrial empires?
Also have you considered representing the dark side of the moon in some way? It would be pretty cool!

I haven't done anything there, and in general, extraterrestrial revolutions are not developed. At some point they should be. I envision a future scenario where Earth itself functions as a sort of capital city, and the long transit and communication time with extrasolar planets make it very difficult to keep the empire cohesive.

similiarly venus floating farm improvement builds waayy too long - over 20 turns, while all other space improvements except martian mine builds in under 5 turns on Marathon speed.

I will review improvement costs as part of the next update.

Are small moon and planetary ring features useful for anything?

At Planetary Defenses, you can build the Rhea Military Base near a Small Moon. Nothing for Planetary Ring yet, except decoration on the map. Suggestions are welcome.

Why captured asteroid builds for over 20 turns even if steroid colony is surrounded with asteroid mine?
This unit cost should be reduced tenfold.

I haven't paid much attention to unit costs either. Generally I want to keep them expensive, though, but maybe I will reduce them a bit.

Why I can't do anything on deep space planets?
That is there is no way to place any improvements on them.
Mars/Venus has its workers.

I have a few more improvement ideas in the works, but I don't expect the outer planets to ever be as well developed as Mars.

Is there use for moon oceans?
I like how religions can't spread into space :p

No use for moon oceans at this time. But I'll repeat the mantra: suggestions are welcome.

As for religions in space, I think it would be good to have at least a couple in the future eras. That's another major design issue I haven't gotten into.

I attached a savegame that I intend for testing again once Pepper's new "version" is out. Maybe someone is interested in testing his mod aswell.

Edit:
Some ideas for the Planetary Ring would be a Hotel and a Mine. Maybe a research base. Even a "National Park" would make sense as this feature is quite unique.

Attachments

• Faust Minigame.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Lunar workers can't build maglev - there is no moon building, that produces copper wire.

Mythological beasts buildings cause game to break. I was able to continue game from earlier point by not building these buildings.

It seems like all deep space colonies doesn't have electricity.

Don't mind calendar, I believe I should be in 22nd/23rd century at this stage
I can't keep up with calendar since times immemorial :p
I guess you could add electricity production to autobuildins or add some sort of fission/fusion powerplant for deep space colonies.

Last edited:
Some ideas for the Planetary Ring would be a Hotel and a Mine. Maybe a research base. Even a "National Park" would make sense as this feature is quite unique.

Sounds good. I'll go with a hotel, since not much in the Solar System would be more spectacular than a tour of the rings of Saturn.

Lunar workers can't build maglev - there is no moon building, that produces copper wire.

Are Lunar workers supposed to be able to build maglevs? They probably should. Copper is not an indigenous resources to the moon. My solution for Mars and Venus was to throw in copper bonuses to the factories. Maybe the Moon should get vactrains instead.

Mythological beasts buildings cause game to break. I was able to continue game from earlier point by not building these buildings.

That's strange. I've never had a problem with these before. They came from Brackenspore a while back.

It seems like all deep space colonies doesn't have electricity.

The solar arrays (Solar Array (Inner Solar System) or Solar Array (Outer Solar System)) should provide electricity. Are you not able to build these, or are you able to build them but nevertheless not getting electricity?

There is a bug, which should be corrected soon, that makes these solar arrays available for colonies built directly on planets and not near Solar System panels. For now you should build all deep space cities on or adjacent to either Inner Solar System, Outer Solar System, or Transneptunian Space.

The solar arrays (Solar Array (Inner Solar System) or Solar Array (Outer Solar System)) should provide electricity. Are you not able to build these, or are you able to build them but nevertheless not getting electricity?

There is a bug, which should be corrected soon, that makes these solar arrays available for colonies built directly on planets and not near Solar System panels. For now you should build all deep space cities on or adjacent to either Inner Solar System, Outer Solar System, or Transneptunian Space.

Well I built deep space cities adjacent to solar system tiles, but still these solar arrays don't provide electricity only production. Probably you forgot to add tag.

As for mythological buildings, maybe make them national wonders? No need for more than one of such building of each type.

Why planetary settler can enter outer solar system/transneptunian space, if it can't build cities here? It should be blocked from here.
And change its description, so we can know, that planetary settler can build only Martian and Venusian colonies.

Looks like at Solar Ordnance , where I can finally send deep space settlers into transneptunian space I have a lot of already unlocked kuiper base buildings.
Maybe I should have placed kuiper belt object in outer solar system at border on transneptunian space?

Last edited:
Well I built deep space cities adjacent to solar system tiles, but still these solar arrays don't provide electricity only production. Probably you forgot to add tag.

Indeed I did. But it also looks like none of the deep space buildings need power. Maybe I'll do something about that later.

As for mythological buildings, maybe make them national wonders? No need for more than one of such building of each type.

Good question. I'll let someone else comment on that because I didn't do those buildings.

Why planetary settler can enter outer solar system/transneptunian space, if it can't build cities here? It should be blocked from here.
And change its description, so we can know, that planetary settler can build only Martian and Venusian colonies.

Once upon a time the Planetary Settler was meant for all the planets. I'll change that.

Looks like at Solar Ordnance , where I can finally send deep space settlers into transneptunian space I have a lot of already unlocked kuiper base buildings.
Maybe I should have placed kuiper belt object in outer solar system at border on transneptunian space?

The Kuiper Belt terrains should probably be other in the outer Outer Solar System and the inner Transneptunian zone, with the Sednoids beyond Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud beyond the Sednoids.

The Kuiper Belt terrains should probably be other in the outer Outer Solar System and the inner Transneptunian zone, with the Sednoids beyond Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud beyond the Sednoids.
Hmm currently there is no KBO in Outer solar system, they are in transneptunian space along with sednoids and small moons.
Oort cloud is on border between transneptunian and transtellar space (single stars zone).
I guess you missed that, when you reviewed my test map ;)

Edit: I added KBO representing Pluto in solar system territory much earlier and forgot about it.
Oops :p

Edit: solar array building doesn't produce electricity at all.

Your solar array DOESN'T have "produces electricity" tag.
Code:
        <BuildingInfo>
            <BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_SOLAR_ARRAY_INNER</BuildingClass>
            <Type>BUILDING_SOLAR_ARRAY_INNER</Type>
            <Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_SOLAR_ARRAY_INNER</Description>
            <Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_SOLAR_ARRAY_INNER_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
            <Strategy>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_SOLAR_ARRAY_INNER_STRATEGY</Strategy>
            <Advisor>ADVISOR_SCIENCE</Advisor>
            <ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_BUILDING_SOLAR_ARRAY_INNER</ArtDefineTag>
            <iMinAreaSize>-1</iMinAreaSize>
            <fVisibilityPriority>1</fVisibilityPriority>
            <PrereqTech>TECH_DEEP_SPACE_COLONIES</PrereqTech>
            <iCost>823</iCost>
            <iHurryCostModifier>10000</iHurryCostModifier>
            <MapCategoryTypes>
                <MapCategoryType>MAPCATEGORY_SOLAR_SYSTEM</MapCategoryType>
            </MapCategoryTypes>
            <PrereqOrTerrain>
                <PrereqTerrain>
                    <TerrainType>TERRAIN_INNER_SOLAR_SYSTEM</TerrainType>
                    <bPrereqTerrain>1</bPrereqTerrain>
                </PrereqTerrain>
            </PrereqOrTerrain>
            <YieldChanges>
                <iYield>0</iYield>
                <iYield>60</iYield>
            </YieldChanges>
            <BuildingClassNeededs>
                <BuildingClassNeeded>
                    <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_PLANETARY_BASE</BuildingClassType>
                    <bNeededInCity>1</bNeededInCity>
                </BuildingClassNeeded>
            </BuildingClassNeededs>
        </BuildingInfo>
If it does then it means you updated it in meantime, but didn't uploaded it to SVN yet.

Last edited:
I guess I have to add Uranus tile at Umbriel colony >.>
Similiarly I have to add saturn tile at Enceladus...

Placed ice giant terrain at umbriel so I can build world wonder LOL

also there should be CO2 on moon after all because I can't build lunar megastructures without that.

Now im rushing solar trajectory road to connect Mars with Moon.

Picotech 10^-12m, femtotech 10^-15m and attotech 10^-18m are in wrong order in tech tree.
Names and descriptions of techs, buildings and units could be swapped/changed arccordingly.

These techs should be named "picometer engineering" and "picometer nanomorphism" instead of attometer engineering/nanomorphism.

There could be femtotechnology instead of picotechnology.

And there would be picotechnology instead of femtotechnlogy

This unit description should be bit changed... so it can build cities in transneptunian and transtellar spaces only?
Edit: worldship can build only in Transtellar space, that should be changed accordingly in description.

It appears like CO2 should be on Moon not Mars after all.
I can't build Colony Extraction Facility on Mars, only on Moon.
Also silicate life shouldn't be buildable on earth, only on moon.

Last edited:
There shouldn't be CO2 Ice on the moon. In fact, buildings that require it should be changed instead.
Lunar parkology is only one, that uses CO2 ice, but that building is requirement for others

These techs should be named "picometer engineering" and "picometer nanomorphism" instead of attometer engineering/nanomorphism.

The attometer techs perhaps should be renamed. I appropriated Attometer Engineering for Atomically Precise Alloys. Nanotechnology, Picotechnology, Femtotechnology, and Zeptotechnology are meant to refer respectively to engineering on the molecular, atomic, subatomic, and elementary particle scales.

This unit description should be bit changed... so it can build cities in transneptunian and transtellar spaces only?
Edit: worldship can build only in Transtellar space, that should be changed accordingly in description.

Worldship should be able to found cities on Red Dwarf, Sun-like, and Red Giant stars. Did you try that and it didn't work?

I made another SVN update tonight. Two big changes (and some minor ones)
1) Low-Earth Orbit space stations have been added and are now part of the space colonization process.
2) A bunch of new space mission rewards.

I addressed some, but not all, of the issues that we've discussed recently in this thread. Some of them I don't know how to address, or will be fairly complicated and I will have to deal with them later.

The attometer techs perhaps should be renamed. I appropriated Attometer Engineering for Atomically Precise Alloys. Nanotechnology, Picotechnology, Femtotechnology, and Zeptotechnology are meant to refer respectively to engineering on the molecular, atomic, subatomic, and elementary particle scales.

Worldship should be able to found cities on Red Dwarf, Sun-like, and Red Giant stars. Did you try that and it didn't work?

1. Ah now its nice, it won't be misleading, and what about attometer nanomorphism?
2. I can place them on stars, just description could be shorter :p

Effect - gps is buildable.
That should be autobuilt after you build GPS national wonder, and shouldn't be visible.

It seems like interstellar colonies don't produce electricity.

It seems like there is no Orbital Base here.

Similiarly there is problem at Uranus

Last edited:
1. Ah now its nice, it won't be misleading, and what about attometer nanomorphism?

That too. I'll have to think of better names.

2. I can place them on stars, just description could be shorter :p

I'll update the description there. Yes, I know that a lot of this can be very cryptic.

Effect - gps is buildable.
That should be autobuilt after you build GPS national wonder, and shouldn't be visible.

Forgot to give it a -1 cost, and that will be fixed on the next update.

It seems like interstellar colonies don't produce electricity.

You'll get power starting at Dyson Swarms. By the time you have fusion powered starships at your comment, basic electricity is something to be taken for granted.

It seems like there is no Orbital Base here.

I'll fix that soon. I gave Orbital Base the wrong map category, and that's a major problem because the Orbital Base is needed for many other things. If you don't want to wait for me to do an SVN update, you can go to the Pepper2000Solar_CIV4BuildingInfos.xml file, look up ORBITAL_BASE, and change the mapcategory from MAPCATEGORY_EARTH to MAPCATEGORY_SOLAR_SYSTEM. We can't have Ganymede going unterraformed.

Seeing this screenshot reminds me that the Spaceship parts come WAAAAAY to early now. Not only do they not realistically represent the type of spaceship we have now, they also clutter the colonies build lists. I just turned out that victory in my last game because of that.

Top Bottom