Space Colonization modmod

Really there is need for crime fighting units - crimes exist in space too.

Why terraforming Mars tiles destroys improvements?

All space workers shouldn't have any promotions especially captured asteroid.

If they would have promotions, then they would get increase of movement range and speed of building improvements would be improved.

Can you add accrecation disks to blackholes, so we can find them?

I guess I have to move stars around because I placed cities at stars, not on them...
It should be changed to plasma plot in vicinity requirement

Both Mercury Antimatter FActory and Bracewell world wonders build for over 60 turn on Mercury.
Venus artifacial rotation world wonder takes 125 turns to build...

What about star mini cluster?

Within 4 light years there are brown, red and white dwarfs, yellow sunlike star, red giant, black hole, and 8 types of planets - 7 of them orbit one or other star and there is rogue planet thrown out of orbit.
Its estemitated, that system won't last even 10 miliion years.
But we will have technology :p

BTW crimes ahould go obsolete during transhuman and galactic era.

Apparently you need two IO bases for captured moon wonder.

Uhhh no this building shouldn't require old civic especially if its needed for something else....

Last edited:
Found few more building issuses @pepper2000

I think helioforming is bit broken:

Apparently I can helioform on any interstellar/orion tile, even if it doesn't have brown dwarf feature on it.

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing these issues out.

Really there is need for crime fighting units - crimes exist in space too.

I forget where, but somewhere it was suggested that the Sentinel unit be available everywhere in the universe. That would create a problem with production speed since different zones have different rates of production. For now I think I will add crime fighting to the existing infantry units, and a more systematic approach to units will have to wait until later.

Why terraforming Mars tiles destroys improvements?

It's a strange thing with the terraforming system, which I borrowed from Earth terraforming. I'm not sure how else to do it.

All space workers shouldn't have any promotions especially captured asteroid.

If they would have promotions, then they would get increase of movement range and speed of building improvements would be improved.

I think that comes from the Worker unit class. I would have to look at it more closely to understand how that works.

Can you add accrecation disks to blackholes, so we can find them?

I think it is an issue with layers, and the black hole goes underneath everything else. I will see if I can make it appear on the top.

I guess I have to move stars around because I placed cities at stars, not on them...
It should be changed to plasma plot in vicinity requirement

Yeah, we should probably not have stars be within three plots of each other, so every star could have a city on it.

Both Mercury Antimatter FActory and Bracewell world wonders build for over 60 turn on Mercury.
Venus artifacial rotation world wonder takes 125 turns to build...

That's an issue with these late Solar System wonders, that their build times are very long. I'll add a few more factories around the late Transhuman and early Galactic Eras to make these wonders go faster.

What about star mini cluster?

What about it? There are a few buildings there.

Within 4 light years there are brown, red and white dwarfs, yellow sunlike star, red giant, black hole, and 8 types of planets - 7 of them orbit one or other star and there is rogue planet thrown out of orbit.
Its estemitated, that system won't last even 10 miliion years.
But we will have technology :p

Yeah, it's tough to get a sensible scale for all this. Overall I think the map is designed quiet well. There are so many features and terrains to incorporate that it can be tricky to spread them out properly.

BTW crimes ahould go obsolete during transhuman and galactic era.

I probably won't do that, at least not unless there are some new crimes to replace them. We've had a lot of good work done getting the crime system developed and I don't want to upset that apple cart.

Apparently you need two IO bases for captured moon wonder.

That figures scales with size. I programmed it so that there would be 1, but that only applies on the smallest map size. If Io Base was a national wonder, the number wouldn't scale. So I think I will just leave it for now.

Uhhh no this building shouldn't require old civic especially if its needed for something else....

I'll fix that in the next SVN update.

I forget where, but somewhere it was suggested that the Sentinel unit be available everywhere in the universe. That would create a problem with production speed since different zones have different rates of production. For now I think I will add crime fighting to the existing infantry units, and a more systematic approach to units will have to wait until later.
Good idea.

It's a strange thing with the terraforming system, which I borrowed from Earth terraforming. I'm not sure how else to do it.
Wonder if copying Eden Project code would work - just make it replace all martian/lunar terrains with respective green mars/moon terrain.

Yeah, we should probably not have stars be within three plots of each other, so every star could have a city on it.
Well I put cities like that intentionally - I wanted to place improvements on these stars.
So I guess there shouldb't be pairs of red dwarf/giant/sunlike stars?

That's an issue with these late Solar System wonders, that their build times are very long. I'll add a few more factories around the late Transhuman and early Galactic Eras to make these wonders go faster.
Or just cut space world wonder costs - there isn't too many +production buildings for space to manually calibrate I guess.

What about it? There are a few buildings there.
Yeah, it's tough to get a sensible scale for all this. Overall I think the map is designed quiet well. There are so many features and terrains to incorporate that it can be tricky to spread them out properly.
I put these terrains/features intentionally like that to represent lucky system with many possibilities and to build all possible Transtellar buildings not counting goverment/culture pick-your-building.
It seems like only Industrial culture is really worth it from culture buildings, as it doubles starting production.
Maybe lower its hammers to 50 or 100.

I probably won't do that, at least not unless there are some new crimes to replace them. We've had a lot of good work done getting the crime system developed and I don't want to upset that apple cart.
How does one ummm.... rape atemporal/nonspatial being? LOL I broke event horizon...
Well at least violent crimes should go obsolete, these crimes are already weird with advanced human mods
Or they could be merged into general power abuse, that you can see in movies or books with supervillains.

That figures scales with size. I programmed it so that there would be 1, but that only applies on the smallest map size. If Io Base was a national wonder, the number wouldn't scale. So I think I will just leave it for now.
I guess then I have to cheat a little and add IO terrain at other cities and make it slightly bigger on my map, so I can put two cities on it - what is minimum distance between cities? 3 tiles?

There is no Attotechnology between Femtotechnology (10^-15 m) and Zeptotechnology (10^-21 m)

BTW zeptobotic neural implants doesn't even make sense.
Unless these are nanobots made from exotic matter.

Suggestion: make black hole requiring buildings require supermassive blackhole as alternative requirement.

It seems like I can put "helioformed brown dwarfs" everywhere in transtellar space.

Last edited:
BTW zeptobotic neural implants doesn't even make sense.
Unless these are nanobots made from exotic matter.

That's exactly what they are. Zeptotechnology assembles material out of elementary particles in novel ways.

Suggestion: make black hole requiring buildings require supermassive blackhole as alternative requirement.

Good idea.

It seems like I can put "helioformed brown dwarfs" everywhere in transtellar space.

I'll look into that. Generally speaking I want to put some more restrictions on what can be built where throughout the Galaxy.

Space colonies needs vastly boosted research.

All space colonies should produce 10 times more research if not 20 times more.
I guess you could add some sort of research multiplier to space colonies autobuilt buildings, that you get on placing your city.

I noticed, that space colonies get arcology shielding at some stage - Is that just for looks, or its indicator, that colonies reached certian level of development?

Advanced Seedships shouldn't be buildable in Milky Way and beyond cities.
Edit: Its description says, that Advanced Seedships can build on Star Clusters.... does it mean, that stars clusters should be in Orion Arm zone?

It appears that I can't make supernova mines at least with cosmic workers.
I have induced supernova tech.

I cut research/build/train/improvement times in half, as it was bit too long by the way.
Apparently neutron stars aren't valid place for supernova mines:
They can be placed in Milky Way and on Red Giants skipping Orion Atm zone altogether.

Also no improvements care about any features except for asteroid mine.
So what is use for blue dwarf/supergiant for example?

Milky Way and Virgo Supercluster zone is busy, while Local Group zone is mostly inactive.
I'm in middle of Cosmic era.

UN wonder should get obsoleted somewheere in Nanotech/Transhuman eras... it still asks me about voting once per while. Also it has ancient civics, that should be completly removed from this wonder.
Also catacombs should go off in Industrial/Modern era

It seems that I can't build Centerpoint Station, because I can't build Interstellar Galactic Port....
This building isn't listed anywhere in Galactic sectors.
According to Sevopedia, that building can exist on Earth tile only, while this building needs Interstellar Starport which can exist only on plasma plot..

You can't build alcubeire seedships in virgo cluster and local group sectors.

There are various power plant type buildings beyond Milky Way sectors, why they don't provide electricity? I think all power plants should provide electricity, on Earth even weakest of them provide power.
There is no production type improvements for Universal tiles.

Waterproof Cement Maker, Glass/Lacquerware/bead/rope factory, Automobile Dealership, Automated Vechicle Dealership buildings newer went obsolete.
Terra Sigilata workshop, Garbage Departament Agency national wonders newer went obsolete.

You need to see whats wrong is with Interstellar Tourist Agency and Chiral Flexible Lifeforms buildings, because they are buildable on Earth.
I guess they shouldn't be buildable on Earth.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the comments.

I noticed, that space colonies get arcology shielding at some stage - Is that just for looks, or its indicator, that colonies reached certian level of development?

For most of the colonies, there is a building which triggers the Arcology Shielding art. For example, the Dyson Sphere for interstellar colonies. It's doesn't indicate actual shielding.

All space colonies should produce 10 times more research if not 20 times more.
I guess you could add some sort of research multiplier to space colonies autobuilt buildings, that you get on placing your city.

I agree that they should be upgraded, but I probably won't bring them all the way up to the level of Earth cities for scientific production. Maybe a factor of 5.

Advanced Seedships shouldn't be buildable in Milky Way and beyond cities.
Edit: Its description says, that Advanced Seedships can build on Star Clusters.... does it mean, that stars clusters should be in Orion Arm zone?

I'll take a look. Star Clusters are good both for Orion Arm and Milky Way. They play a minor role in the game and I don't think are needed to get the most advanced material.

It appears that I can't make supernova mines at least with cosmic workers.
I have induced supernova tech.

I cut research/build/train/improvement times in half, as it was bit too long by the way.
Apparently neutron stars aren't valid place for supernova mines:
They can be placed in Milky Way and on Red Giants skipping Orion Atm zone altogether.

I thought I had allowed Supernova Mine on Neutron Stars; if not, that's a mistake on my part. I'll take a look.

Also no improvements care about any features except for asteroid mine.
So what is use for blue dwarf/supergiant for example?

So far they have no purpose. I have a few more improvements planned that will put some of these features to use, but it may be a while before I get to all of them.

Milky Way and Virgo Supercluster zone is busy, while Local Group zone is mostly inactive.
I'm in middle of Cosmic era.

Good to know. I structured the intergalactic colonies so that the ones farther away have more material. But maybe some material is needed that all can use.

UN wonder should get obsoleted somewheere in Nanotech/Transhuman eras... it still asks me about voting once per while. Also it has ancient civics, that should be completly removed from this wonder.
Also catacombs should go off in Industrial/Modern era

I would be worried about possibly fouling up Diplomatic Victory. I didn't touch wonders in my building consolidation, though maybe that would be something to consider.

It seems that I can't build Centerpoint Station, because I can't build Interstellar Galactic Port....
This building isn't listed anywhere in Galactic sectors.
According to Sevopedia, that building can exist on Earth tile only, while this building needs Interstellar Starport which can exist only on plasma plot..

Very glad you caught that. My code makes buildings have mapcategory EARTH unless I specify otherwise, as I often forget to do and forgot in this case. This will be fixed in the next SVN update.

You can't build alcubeire seedships in virgo cluster and local group sectors.

I'll fix that. I think the same true for the forthcoming Hyperseedship, which I will fix too.

There are various power plant type buildings beyond Milky Way sectors, why they don't provide electricity? I think all power plants should provide electricity, on Earth even weakest of them provide power.
There is no production type improvements for Universal tiles.

I'll add some Power to those far future colonies, though it won't do much for a while. As for improvements, there are still a few on my to-do list.

Waterproof Cement Maker, Glass/Lacquerware/bead/rope factory, Automobile Dealership, Automated Vechicle Dealership buildings newer went obsolete.
Terra Sigilata workshop, Garbage Departament Agency national wonders newer went obsolete.

I'll take a look at those. Some of the buildings are in separate modules, which I generally prefer to avoid touching (though I haven't always followed this rule). In the case of the Automated Vehicle Dealership, I think there are things that depend on it and I don't want to break the dependency chains. But I know there are a few more buildings that should go obsolete at some time.

You need to see whats wrong is with Interstellar Tourist Agency and Chiral Flexible Lifeforms buildings, because they are buildable on Earth.
I guess they shouldn't be buildable on Earth.

Both of those are also cases of getting the mapcategory wrong. Will be fixed on the next update.

Automated Vechicle Dealership goess offline, when automobiles go obsolete. Same with Garbage Collection Agency.
I guess they could be obsoleted when automobiles are obsolete.

Here is list of cities sorted by total research

All these descriptions saying: "see [insert link here]" should be replaced with text from these links. No one is going to type these links.

All buildings (not national/world wonders), that require x buildings should require only one building.
For example if one building requires two other buildings, then for next one you need 4 required buildings and so on.

I passed half of Transcedental era. Still no use for branespace, distant past and distant future terrains.
Well you can put improvement on them, or build distant past/future city buildings, that are buildable only if city is in hyperspace tile, but this is everything you can do with them.
Branespace is completly useless - nothing needs it, and you can only build bunkers on it.

Teraverse portals should be buildable on Venus too - I can't build Yottaverse in hyperspace because I can't buld one Exaverse more.
I have 6 Martian and 4 Venusian colonies.

Macrowerses could be overhauled anyway.
Universe portal - Earth and anywhere else
Megaverse - Cislunar/Moon and farther out.
Gigaverse - Mars/Venus and even farther out.
Teraverse - Solar System except Venus, Earth and Mars.
Petaverse - Anywhere in Galactic plots and beyond.
Exaverse - Anywhere in Universe plots and away.
Zettaverse - Unobservable Universe and Hyperspace.
Yottaverse - hyperspace only.

Last edited:
@pepper2000 so this was last batch of issues.
I wonder why @Faustmouse gave up instead of cutting in half presearch/production costs somewhere, when they were getting too costly.

Automated Vechicle Dealership goess offline, when automobiles go obsolete. Same with Garbage Collection Agency.
I guess they could be obsoleted when automobiles are obsolete.

I'll check that out and come up with a fix.

All these descriptions saying: "see [insert link here]" should be replaced with text from these links. No one is going to type these links.

Some work could be done to improve the pedia entries for many of these, but I guess I'll get to it when I get to it (or someone else). That's a lot of entries. There are over 1000 new buildings.

All buildings (not national/world wonders), that require x buildings should require only one building.
For example if one building requires two other buildings, then for next one you need 4 required buildings and so on.

These figures scale with map size. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to do what you suggest for all map sizes. For example, the Diamond Nanothread Importer on Mars requires one DNT Foundry on Earth on small maps, but that scales up to two for the map you are using.

I passed half of Transcedental era. Still no use for branespace, distant past and distant future terrains.
Well you can put improvement on them, or build distant past/future city buildings, that are buildable only if city is in hyperspace tile, but this is everything you can do with them.
Branespace is completly useless - nothing needs it, and you can only build bunkers on it.

I have some more improvements planned. That's one aspect of the game that isn't done yet. Ideally every feature and terrain will enable at least one improvement. Even those like Intergalactic Void which you normally would think of as useless.

Teraverse portals should be buildable on Venus too - I can't build Yottaverse in hyperspace because I can't buld one Exaverse more.
I have 6 Martian and 4 Venusian colonies.

That's what I intended with Teraverse actually; will fix it. As for the others, I'll see what I can do to add the flexibility that will allow them all to be built.

Your human mods national wonder icons doesn't have silver star.
Is this intentional to match design of cultural world wonders?

Also Cosmic Expansion Powerplant - world wonder has silver star instead of gold star
Lunar Solar Array doesn't have gold star

It seems like CO2 ice should be on Moon from this resource description on wiki.

Last edited:
Your human mods national wonder icons doesn't have silver star.
Is this intentional to match design of cultural world wonders?

Yes, the human mods are treated like cultures. Except unlike cultures, they are national instead of world wonders.

Also Cosmic Expansion Powerplant - world wonder has silver star instead of gold star
Lunar Solar Array doesn't have gold star

I'm not sure if it's the wonder classification of the star that's wrong; I'll check.

It seems like CO2 ice should be on Moon from this resource description on wiki.

We can revisit that later. I think this is an area where we've changed our mind.

I think The modder that made co2 ice thought it would be on the moon and I didn't check it before I added buildings that require it. But then I checked and there isn't so the buildings need to be changed.

I think The modder that made co2 ice thought it would be on the moon and I didn't check it before I added buildings that require it. But then I checked and there isn't so the buildings need to be changed.
Well you need lunar Extraction Facility to extract this resource, and there is no martian improvements to get CO2

Playing on Noble now, Epic Speed, Standard size.

I am in the beginning of the TH era and recently settled my Lunar, Martian and Venusian Cities. On earth, buildings take 2-3 turns, which seems good to me.
So far the ET cities take 5-10 turns per building, which also seems good!

- Space Shuttles and Heavy Rockets can't upgrade Space Stations. You can only build new ones (2 tiles away). They build Lvl 2 after Commercial Spaeflight and Lvl 3 after Asteroid Mining. So in theory you only need 1 Heavy Rocket to build a lvl 3 station on an empty plot. Now I realize, that might be due to the option of hiding obsolete woker actions, but it doesn't seem as it was intended this way.

- Similar issue on Lunar Stuff: The Construction Ship can build the Base, Outpost or Habitation Complex, whatever you want. You don't need the previous one. Cities can be settled on the Outpost and Hab Complex, instead of only the latter.

- Lunar Base can only be build on Rille and Mare, not on Highlands, Dome and Regolith. Might be intented, it might limit lunar colonies a bit too much, not sure.

- Mirco Satellite Constellation is shown as being buildable at Cyber Warfare, which is quite early compared to when you can actually build them.

- Some Inner solar system rewards need a Military Spaceport, and not "OR Commercial Spaceport", is this intented?

- Graphite needs Coal and Stone in vicinity (not THAT common) and Graphene requires Graphite. I think Graphene is quite essential in the game so it might be a bit too limiting.

- All ET-Settler found cities with 6 Pop; they then starve...

I am in the beginning of the TH era and recently settled my Lunar, Martian and Venusian Cities. On earth, buildings take 2-3 turns, which seems good to me.
So far the ET cities take 5-10 turns per building, which also seems good!

Glad to hear that. With the new formula for 20% building cost increase per era, things seem to be working out.

- Space Shuttles and Heavy Rockets can't upgrade Space Stations. You can only build new ones (2 tiles away). They build Lvl 2 after Commercial Spaeflight and Lvl 3 after Asteroid Mining. So in theory you only need 1 Heavy Rocket to build a lvl 3 station on an empty plot. Now I realize, that might be due to the option of hiding obsolete woker actions, but it doesn't seem as it was intended this way.

Yeah, I haven't gotten it to work yet. The intended behavior is that you build Lv 1, then upgrade to Lv 2, and then to Lv 3. Do you know how to make it work that way?

- Similar issue on Lunar Stuff: The Construction Ship can build the Base, Outpost or Habitation Complex, whatever you want. You don't need the previous one. Cities can be settled on the Outpost and Hab Complex, instead of only the latter.

Similar to above, though I think the Outpost should be sufficient to build a city.

- Lunar Base can only be build on Rille and Mare, not on Highlands, Dome and Regolith. Might be intented, it might limit lunar colonies a bit too much, not sure.

I think I'll do something about that. It might be confusing to the player to wonder why they can build on some Lunar terrains and not others.

- Mirco Satellite Constellation is shown as being buildable at Cyber Warfare, which is quite early compared to when you can actually build them.

That's a little tricky. Cyberwarfare is an indirect prereq for any cislunar stuff. Originally the Microsatellite Constellation was built in Earth cities, and I appropriated it for space. I'll think about a better solution.

- Some Inner solar system rewards need a Military Spaceport, and not "OR Commercial Spaceport", is this intented?

Yes. Some things like Sentinel and Asteroid Deflection System I think of as military and not civilian projects.

- Graphite needs Coal and Stone in vicinity (not THAT common) and Graphene requires Graphite. I think Graphene is quite essential in the game so it might be a bit too limiting.

Agreed; sometimes I have to add in a bonus with WorldBuilder because without Graphite and Graphene, it eventually becomes impossible to build most things. Either we need an easier way to get Graphite later on or drop the bonus requirement for Graphene (that late in the game, we can take it for granted that at least a small supply of graphite is available).

- All ET-Settler found cities with 6 Pop; they then starve...

That's something I've known for a while is a problem. I might be able to deal with it via python. Just haven't gotten around to trying to fix this one yet, but it's on the list.

Sadly I don't know how to fix the Space Station improvments... Isn't that similar python code that allows you to limit city founding only at certain locations? An action (found a city or build an improvment) that is only available if the terrain meets following conditions... [and then the previous improvment]?

More Stuff, right now I reached the TH era and buildings / techs are still good! (2-3 turns)

- Lunar and Cislunar Colonies have a nice amount of buildings, all the time.
- Around 2/3 through the Nano Era, Martian Cities ran out of buildings; now at the end of the nano era they are busy again.
- Venus cities are bored most of the time.
- Coal, which is removed by the National Park, actually has a long chain of requirements linked to it, as you need it for the Nano Research Institute.
- MAJOR ISSUE: Orbital Prison (Safety) replaces Jail, which is required for the Police Preinct. Which is needed for Policing Units. Now my most advanced Anti-Crime Unit is wielding a Sword...

- Lunar and Cislunar Colonies have a nice amount of buildings, all the time.
- Around 2/3 through the Nano Era, Martian Cities ran out of buildings; now at the end of the nano era they are busy again.
- Venus cities are bored most of the time.

Sounds good. We could some more material for early Venus colonies in particular, though Venus was never meant to be as big a deal as Mars. I'm thinking about inserting a Martian Town as part of the Mars development pathway and more more material for that mid-to-late Nanotech period.

- Coal, which is removed by the National Park, actually has a long chain of requirements linked to it, as you need it for the Nano Research Institute.

It's not clear why Coal is needed for the Nano Research Institute anyway, so that's probably where that should be changed.

- MAJOR ISSUE: Orbital Prison (Safety) replaces Jail, which is required for the Police Preinct. Which is needed for Policing Units. Now my most advanced Anti-Crime Unit is wielding a Sword...

I could have sworn I fixed that; thanks for raising the issue. I'll fix it with my next SVN update.

As for the space station issue, I could mostly solve the problems with some python code. The main reason I hesitate is that I want it to take a few turns to build the stations, and I don't know how to create improvements through python and not have it happen instantly. Maybe I'll use the regular improvement mechanism for the first level and custom python missions for the second and third levels.

Top Bottom