Spammity-spam-spam-spam... again.

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
All day the CFC email notifications I would normally get in my inbox have been routed directly to my spam folder. None of my other normal forum notifications (from non-CFC forums) are affected.

I don't think it's a XenForo problem as my TrekBBS notifications come through normally.

Any ideas as to what's causing this? I do check my spam folder every day or two, but even so, I don't want to risk missing any notifications.

If you tell you inbox that they are not spam.. does it continue?
Yes, it does. I just found the notification for your post above in the spam folder, along with 3 other notifications. I marked all of them as "not spam"... which I've been doing with every single batch of notifications, and it keeps happening.

At least it's not telling me that CFC is dangerous (that's a situation that happened some years ago). It's just saying the messages are "similar" to ones I've marked as spam before, which is definitely NOT correct. I have never marked CFC email notifications as spam.

Hmmm, IIRC it might be others have been flagging it, and that has been "learnt" by whomever you use for emails. Could be an admin level jobby to said email company to explain they are legitimate!

What if you try to add the sender to your contact list? Does it help?

What if you try to add the sender to your contact list? Does it help?
I had a look around to see where that is... apparently you're already on it, or so it claims. It's odd - the other entries on the list are addresses of sites I haven't visited in years. You're the only current one there.

I'm using Gmail and my browser is Opera.

I would like to cautiously say that the problem seems to be over. It's been a couple of days since I've had any CFC email notifications routed to the spam folder, and what's in there is normal spam.

Hopefully saying this won't jinx it...

Top Bottom