Spanish Civil War ToT Mod

Quick progress update. After getting my ass kicked during my first playtest I made a few changes to assist the Republican side resist the Army of Africa's assault from the south. In the new playtest I'm holding my own and by June 1937 I'm ready to begin a limited offensive in Aragon. My success owes a lot to previous experience and so far I'm happy with the balance. Unless you are a strategist of the highest order I would expect most players to fail in their first couple of attempts. I know I have always enjoyed the scenarios with re-playability value. 'This time I have the strategy and tactics I need to beat these bastards!'.

Have you considered using multiple events files? It's possible to use up to 10 different events files, and have the computer select one at random when the scenario is first loaded. Replay-ability can be increased by varying the number, type and location of reinforcements for both the AI and human player.

This was first introduced in Fantastic Worlds and used in the Verne scenario. I used it in Red October and Operation Market-Garden. I can't find a tip about how to use it, but you can figure it out easily enough by checking the files of those scenarios. You can also randomize other files, including the scenario file itself.

I will make a note of that for the next version as it will certainly increase the longevity of the scenario. It's a tough enough scenario when you have an idea of what's coming. Multiple events would certainly crank up the difficulty. For now I'm concentrating on getting a finished product out there for you guys to enjoy. This will be version 2. Version 1 worked well and I only really made version 2 because of all the great new ToTPP features. I see no reason why I couldn't release a version 3 at a later date, especially if TheNamelessOne introduces even more amazing options.

At this rate I can see version 2 being released sometime next week, provided the playtest doesn't throw up any unexpected faults. So far it has been running exactly as I hoped it would (touch wood).

Top Bottom