SpawnGroups

What do you think of the SpawnGroup mechanic?

• Total voters
Oh I just got an idea. Bhall's Fury:
50 warriors
10 axemen
30 archers
10 catapult
3 great commanders
8 trolls
100 goblins

Oh I just got an idea. Bhall's Fury:
50 warriors
10 axemen
30 archers
10 catapult
3 great commanders
8 trolls
100 goblins

Only if it spawns on turn 1 on the opposite side of continent from your starting location. :p Not that it would stop them from facerolling everyone not on an island anyway.

I think it seems like a good midgame spawn. It's mostly weak units, with a few average ones; you should be able to defend against that as long as they don't spawn right next to your border.

Is there a way to say: "This spawn should start far from civilizations."?

a bit too nightmareish.
IMO it's a disaster in waiting.
until all civs have multiples tier III units, this stak is doomed to be a civ-breaker.
Only players might be able to survive. And only if they have enough time to build an army;
10cats + 30archers, means that you have no city defense, + 20-30units are damaged by ranged fire.
then warriors and gobs weakens you and axemen and troll mops you up. city lost. even an advanced city. (unless you've got many longbows, and/or enough ritualists/airIImage to reduce the stack's strength, but the 30 archers will still make you very weak.)

Make it spawn only after Acheron has been captured, and make it go after the civ that did it.
The stack for avenging Bhall's many defeats

shows up on Acheron's death 1 tile away
You need a good hundred to beat acheron in the first place, the remaining 30 will be the soldiers you needed them to be;)

lool.

best way is : archers to reduce Acheron's health before combat (any boost to rise the damage limit is welcomed -many archers if 1 archer can't do it in 1 turn)
the strike with 1-2 beastmaster boosted to max : poison blade, combat + subdue animal + subdue beast + spider blood (+1poison) eventually with elephant blood (+1combat) (orthus Axe or bow of the long sighted or any other +1+2strength are also welcome, or a luirchip hammer ...etc)
then you only need 3-7 units to kill Acheron (really 1 or 2 to do the real fight).

Even better if you have the means to kill the defensive % of the city
and Acheron is dead (plus captured, but leashed on the tile the beastmaster was)

If your uber stack appears then, my 7 unit stack dies. no issue. (no way, even for an über beastmaster, to survive 100+ fights in 1turn, without canibalize)

lool.

best way is : archers to reduce Acheron's health before combat (any boost to rise the damage limit is welcomed -many archers if 1 archer can't do it in 1 turn)
the strike with 1-2 beastmaster boosted to max : poison blade, combat + subdue animal + subdue beast + spider blood (+1poison) eventually with elephant blood (+1combat) (orthus Axe or bow of the long sighted or any other +1+2strength are also welcome, or a luirchip hammer ...etc)
then you only need 3-7 units to kill Acheron (really 1 or 2 to do the real fight).

Even better if you have the means to kill the defensive % of the city
and Acheron is dead (plus captured, but leashed on the tile the beastmaster was)

If your uber stack appears then, my 7 unit stack dies. no issue. (no way, even for an über beastmaster, to survive 100+ fights in 1turn, without canibalize)

my problem is Acheron moves 2 tiles out, firebreathes, attacks and then returns to his starting tile before I can reach him:sad:

dats true....buts thats the point of this uber stack:satan:

maybe 2 tiles out, run away and he hits a nearby ai;)

Top Bottom