Spearman defeats Tank - a savegame!!!!!

Here it finally is: a savegame that shows a Spearman defeating a tank!!!!!

It is a regular Spearman in a town w/o walls, fortified, terrain=grassland. The tank is veteran, both are unhurt. The Spearman will have one HP left after the fight and gets promoted (use the multi cheat to see that)!!!

It is the town Tanis (Egypt), on the northern tip of the eastern peninsular I`m busy taking. There`s two tanks straight south; use one to attack the town - and it will die!!!!!

I`m playing Monarch, unaltered Civ3mod except for color change for Rome.

Have fun!

edit: this is using 1.16!!!!!

aaaargh! trouble uploading, so here`s some screenshots!

Please tell me if you can dl the savegame correctly!!!

the city before the fight:

Attachments

• tanis before fight.jpg
    tanis before fight.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 921
detail: garrison of Tanis before fight:

Attachments

• tanisdetail before fight.jpg
    tanisdetail before fight.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 788
and garrison detail of Tanis after attack

Attachments

• tanisdetail after fight.jpg
    tanisdetail after fight.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 690
sorry for posting such huge images, but this has been the topic of heated discussion, and quite a few people have been accused of lying, so I wanted to give as mcuh information as possible in case the uploaded file doesn`t run for some reason....

I know it is a rare occurrence and usually battles are more or less even (but stringy!), but this game really had it`s share of strange things, like one turn where not a single of my Bombers hit anything (must have been 25 or so) even tough I was going for roads every time......

one more for the unbelieving: after some trying I amnaged an in-fight capture:

Attachments

• infight.jpg
    infight.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 685
Killer, you actually did not need to upload all those images. I could download your game. Haven´t tested it yet, since I don´t have my Civ 3 game with me for handy installing. :)

Now you only need one more for Shaitan to eat his hat! :lol:

A pity that Egypt can draft Riflemen and I wont`t encounter many more Spearmen..... I`dlike to see Shaitans face onw... "Oh my GOD! It happened! and now I have to pray that it won`t happen again! :eek: :eek: :eek: Nd it had to be that Killer guy....."

Hey Shaitan, I`ll mail you the next one and keep it quiet so you won`t have to eat your hat!

Nice work, Killer. You are one unlucky bastard! :D

Just one question: was your tank damaged ny the catapult in the city? This would increase the Spearman´s chance of winning from 0.9% to a whopping 4.3%!

Originally posted by Hurricane
Nice work, Killer. You are one unlucky bastard! :D

Just one question: was your tank damaged ny the catapult in the city? This would increase the Spearman´s chance of winning from 0.9% to a whopping 4.3%!

aaaah, nope! Actually not! As I said before: I`m the guy who walked down the street and got hit by a brick falling from an ordinary house (not a construction site or anything) -------- twice! So I count myself lucky that it has heppened so seldom with the tank. Twice before, but both times I coudn`t remember the exact sequence of things I did and didn`t have the patience to try to recreate it.....

Originally posted by Killer
Here it finally is: a savegame that shows a Spearman defeating a tank!!!!!

I won't have a chance to look at the game until this evening, but I for one have never said it never happens. Indeed, in the 6000 year history of the world, it would be incredible if rare events didn't happen.

Thanks for the post Killer! Sorry 'bout your tank, though.

Originally posted by Mr Spice
Now you only need one more for Shaitan to eat his hat! :lol:
Originally posted by Killer
A pity that Egypt can draft Riflemen and I wont`t encounter many more Spearmen..... I`dlike to see Shaitans face onw... "Oh my GOD! It happened! and now I have to pray that it won`t happen again! Nd it had to be that Killer guy....."
I've got my salt and pepper ready and I'm stropping the dinner knife. ;)

Originally posted by Shaitan

I've got my salt and pepper ready and I'm stropping the dinner knife. ;)

:lol: let`s hope it doesn`t really come to that - after all the Forum needs guys like you and you might choke to death on that hat.....

All hail the Egyptian Spearman!:goodjob: I am sure there is a place in the afterlife for those guys.

Originally posted by Zachriel

I won't have a chance to look at the game until this evening, but I for one have never said it never happens. Indeed, in the 6000 year history of the world, it would be incredible if rare events didn't happen.

Thanks for the post Killer! Sorry 'bout your tank, though.

Are you talking about the Italians in Ethiopia (WWII)?

Originally posted by LaRo
Are you talking about the Italians in Ethiopia (WWII)?
No, I wasn't referring to any specific event. There are many, many "unusual" events in military history.

I was just thinking. Not only is it over the course of 6000 years of history, but it is hundreds of different versions of history each stretching over 6000 years, in different games, by different players*, with hundreds of battles in each game.

It would indeed be "strange" if there were no "strange" events in that many times through the course of history.

* Including players who never use artillery, or even infantry.

Top Bottom