Special embarked graphics

PawelS

Ancient Druid
I have two questions concerning the embarked unit graphics that some civs (like Denmark and Polynesia) use:

1. What determines which civs get which embarked graphics?

2. Would it be possible to convert them to true units? I think a Longboat unit would be cool :)

1/ seems harcoded, but maybe I haven't looked hard enough :think:

edit: there is player:SetEmbarkedGraphicOverride("ART_DEF_UNIT_U_SPANISH_GALLEON") in DLC02 so you can do what you want in a mod I suppose, even if for the vanilla game it really seems hardcoded

2/ yes, should work by creating a new units using the art define ART_DEF_UNIT_U_DANISH_LONGBOAT

If anyone made this unit I would love to have it.

I haven't made this unit yet, but I'm going to do it for my mod.

Since I am doing a scenaro with multiple viking civs if the code for embarkation has been done I would love to get that too as a template. I do not know anything aboui sql. So I guess I may have to learn a bit...

It's not SQL, it's LUA. To enable embarked graphics for a civ you should use
Code:
player:SetEmbarkedGraphicOverride("ART_DEF_UNIT_U_DANISH_LONGBOAT")

But you need to know the basics of LUA modding first, I think you can find some tutorials about it at this forum.

The unit is easy to make - I took an existing unit (Trireme), and changed its UnitArtInfo to ART_DEF_UNIT_U_DANISH_LONGBOAT.

The unit is displayed as two longboats (when at full health), like the embarked graphics, changing it to single unit would require some manipulation in the art defines. The combat animations work. There is no icon or unit portrait provided, currently I use the same icon and portrait as for Trireme.

... changing it to single unit would require some manipulation in the art defines.

This gets "easier" with the next release (1.0.1.674) as unit art stuff is loaded from the database

Which is also much more user friendly concerning compatibility between mods. But every mods using new units will need an update for the next patch.

I hope folks don't mind if I hijack this thread to ask a totally unrelated question (I didn't want to start a new thread):

Does anyone know if iUnit is preserved when units embark and disembark?

A very small test sample (two units, both embarked/disambarked) says "Yes"

Top Bottom