Speculation : Entirely new VC and deeply reworked existing VC

The fact that the military victory is called domination could mean it is the one deeply reworked. Going back to Civ 4 model would be very different from the conquer all capitals model of Civ 5. If Giza is the main Egyptian capital it could explain the ability to raze it. Science is now in a district which makes it more vulnerable.

also they could have just put score in the space for the new victory. Score is not exactly hard to track.

The problem with this theory is that there is no clear UI space to add items dynamically. Although there is that tantalizing + button on the left.

Spoiler :

I don't have an answer to the apparent discrepancy, I'm just showing you what I see.

I see 2 possibilities of the image:

1. The UI is adaptive and removing a tab just caused tabs to separate more. The spaces between them are quite large.

2. The name of one of the tabs could be changed. Having both "Overall" and "Score" could be redundancy.

also they could have just put score in the space for the new victory. Score is not exactly hard to track.

Except there already Was a score victory.

The 5 Victories in CivV were

Time=Score (highest score at turn X)
Science/Space Race
Domination/Military Original Capitals
Cultural/Tourism
Diplomacy/CS/World Congress

The removing of World Congress means the removed victory is probably diplomacy

The victory screen there shows 5 listings... each matches one of the Civ V victory conditions except "Overall"

so either
"Overall" is the new victory condition
OR
Overall is a summary and the new victory condition is not shown (either because that victory condition is disabled and the UI changes based on the Victory conditions you have shown, OR they doctored the UI for the presentation)

The World Ranking display under the Culture tab says in huge letters "CULTURE VICTORY." This is a victory tracking display. It is not a great leap of logic to infer that the four victory types correspond to: Score, Science, Culture and Domination.
Whoops... in that case, I'll go with the theory that the overall or score tab is intentionally mislabeled. Would be easy to change for a screenshot, and I don't know what score is if it's not an overall ranking anyway.

Top Bottom