Speculations for the next Civ games

Kobjante

Chieftain
1.1) I wonder what it would be like to play the next Sid Meier's Civilization games with the possibility of customizing the units just like in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

1.2) An example of this would be the possibility of choosing bronze armor or leather armor for your units; wooden shields or bronze shields; iron spears or bronze spears; steel swords, whose metal was extracted from rare meteorites found in Egypt, or iron swords. Not to mention that we could have farmers making plows with oxen or horse-drawn plows, botanists capturing the seeds, shepherds bringing animals from one place to another, as well as brewers, stonemasons, priests, scribes and many other professional classes, as there were used to find in Sid Meier's Colonization.

1.3) According to what the Civilization IV lead designer told me, the problem is the graphics. I do not know if the current computers are capable of creating a Civilization with such complexity, but it's just exciting to think about it.

2.1) Another interesting detail that could be created, if the developers take advantage of what was created from the Gathering Storm expansion, would be the seasons of the year and their effect on the wars and the economy of a civilization

2.2) In terms of production, the plants would hibernate and you would have to deal with what it was stocked, in order to survive until the next season.

2.3) In terms of warfare, Russia won several wars thanks to the general winter. In the war in Vietnam, M-16 rifles were jamming because of the dampness, as Southeast Asia has a very tropical climate - and this was crucial for the defeat of the Marines to the Viet Cong.

I would really like to see the devs take another crack at BE with Civ 6 mechanics. The agenda system would fit way better with non-historical leaders.

Top Bottom