Spies / City-State's resources

upi00r

Warlord
Hi. I have a several questions after my last game:

1. If there are several cities with Campus for the same civ and I want to steal a tech from that civ then is there any difference what city I send my spy to (except for travel time)? For example: a city with high population vs a city with low population etc.

2. Is there any way to tell if a city/district is protected by enemy spie?

3. If there is a district protected by an enemy spy then does it work only for that district (and adjacent districts to it) and for other districts of that city it's like there is no protection at all?

4. Is "walk away" escape the best option to choose every time a spy is nailed because of safety reason?

5. City-States resources. Why does a City-State (can) give you different resources (or different amount of them) than the ones you can see within it's border on the map?

1. High population is supposed to be easier, I have never analyzed but will look next game. Maybe I'm mixing memories of civ V
2. No
3. Only adjacent but its not a big deal, the AI tends to stay targeted on the same thing.
4. It depends on what outcome you want, sometimes I want my spy to be caught
5. Does it? It should only giive what it has. Maybe what you see through fog is not everything. I did have a query myself from last game, I saw I was recieving fish from a CS, I guess it means more food but how much.

4. It depends on what outcome you want, sometimes I want my spy to be caught
5. Does it? It should only giive what it has. Maybe what you see through fog is not everything. I did have a query myself from last game, I saw I was recieving fish from a CS, I guess it means more food but how much.
4. Why?
5. I could see whole map and I checked different City-States. One have been giving to me sugar even though it wasn't there. Other was showing 2x resource 'A' but it had just one 'A'... Third had Oil but it wasn't listed (but in this case maybe because it requires a builder construction to be available).

Are you sure those resources that the city state has that you don't see aren't under a district or the city itself?

I could see whole map and I checked different City-States. One have been giving to me sugar ave from before the patch and after... neither shows a diffeven though it wasn't there. Other was showing 2x resource 'A' but it had just one 'A'... Third had Oil but it wasn't listed (but in this case maybe because it requires a builder construction to be available).

I just checked a save from before and after... neither shows a difference.
Can you double check and post .sav itf you still can see it?

I checked point 1... the only difference high population makes is the amount of gold you steal

Here. In some cases city centers and districts covers up resources so there are no icons on the map but check:
- Yerevan (there is only one Niter but in CS info window it shows 2)
- Mohenjo-daro (you can see Oil on the map but it's not listed in CS info window)

BTW: I've just noticed -> Does the game use the same unit models / portraits for females? Spy with female name still has male icon (portrait) :D

Attachments

• JADWIGA 342 1921 n.e..zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Here. In some cases city centers and districts covers up resources so there are no icons on the map but check:
- Yerevan (there is only one Niter but in CS info window it shows 2)
- Mohenjo-daro (you can see Oil on the map but it's not listed in CS info window)

Did you already launch the earth satellite? That makes you see the whole map, but without ressources, so they could be there.

I don't think the satellite has something to do with it. I explored the areas with my units...

Yerevan you need to 'reveal all' and then hover over each square and you will find the niter
This is what I did and I can see only one Niter (the one with the icon on the map). But what is more important I checked this by using save games:
1. With earlier save game it shows no Niter.
2. After loading the newer one it shows two Niters (and the CS has only one tile more - the one with the Niter icon on the map). So one tile with Niter gives two Niter resources... I think it's a bug or something.

Also it's stupid you can use resources through your districts. For example if Niter is hidden on a tile where you built Holy Site you have access to it when it's unlocked... and you may not know why you have it cos there is no icon to tell you about it - you have to examine every tile to find it out (by reading tooltip tile info).

Top Bottom