spies

dante alighieri

Warlord
Only once did I use a spy for more than counter-espionage, and that was to steal Printing Press from Mansa Musa. Well, once or twice I might have poisoned some water, but that was in retaliation. My only question was did I retaliate to the right civ? many times I don't know who did what when someone does an espionage mission against me. Is there ever a time when an enemy spy gets caught and you get the option to declare war?

There ought to be. I mean, come on, if a foreign spy enters your borders and basically kills a significant portion of the population there should be conssequences. I'm betting that the AI would declare war on me if I constantly did that to them. I don't know if espionagge works that way in game, but the threshold is really high or not. But if its not they should change it. As it is, by mid game I stopped paying attention to to poison wells and the like. It was mundane and I'd never find out who was doing it.

there are so many anti spy threads out there, and I will never understand why no one ever even gives them a chance. If it isn't the traditional game no one wants it. People either build every wonder, or axe rush their opponent.

No, it's just that spies are poorly implemented. Give me Alpha Centauri Probe Teams any day.
At least there you would always know for sure who was sticking the knife in your back if you had a high Probe rating.

This game is so close to Alpha Centauri that if he doesn't release a new version of that next I'm going to light myself on fire in protest!

This game is so close to Alpha Centauri that if he doesn't release a new version of that next I'm going to light myself on fire in protest!

EA holds the rights to that, and EA is evil in that it buys all the good franchises around then never lets anybody make games for them ever. Unless they've got "The Sims" or "Madden" in the title, in which case they'll make 395839859292499475687644643 spinoffs.
And Firaxis isn't interested in buying it back.

Top Bottom