Spies?

There already is a rule set up eyrei. The team deals with individuals on their on basis. Everone has already said that they will not spy. Eyrei, you are not a registered citizen, so I do not believe you or Shaitan should be mods. I would prefer having mods that are at least active citizens.

What more concrete evidence do you want? I have listened to Elk, and I agree that Zmei-Gorynych is not a spy, but I_am_sin7 still arouses supsicion in me. Why would he join, and not post?

First, I am going to be your moderator whether you like it or not, along with Chieftess and Shaitan. The game has not started, so how is it that you know Shaitan and I will not participate? Also, telling us we should not be mods is not exactly a good way to endear yourself to us.

Second, do you have any idea how many citizens we have for the regular demogame that never post?

Finally, I hope that that rule means that you deal with your own spies...meaning that you have any information about the other teams deleted ASAP, and make an effort not to use it, and then ban the person who posted it.

Yes thats the rule. Eyrei I was not trying to be rude, but I assumed that since you had not signed up that you didn't want to play. And if you weren't going to play whats the point of being a mod? It would be like AOA being the mod of the regular DG. So please sign up :D! You are right about lots of people being signed up for the regular DG witout posting, but we have to remember that this is not the regular DG and that more is at stake. If

If that is the rule, I don't see much point in putting so much effort into finding spies.

The person who is spying obviously will not make it public to his team. What if its one teams military advisor and he happens to know our attack plans? It could get messy! I am not trying to scare anyone away, I am simply bringing issues to light!

I believe that the price for having no spies is eternal vigilance. quite simply, be on the lookout. If, for example, the enemy is sending 20 cavalry to a city defended by a spearman, chances are they have no spy.

If, however, they seem to be able to target our units like they knew they were there, we would be suspicious.

THERE ARE BETTER WAYS TO EXPOSE SPIES THAN TO ACCUSE EVERY NEWBIE OR SUSPICIOUS CITIZEN!

No matter how hard they try, the spies will always be obvious to any observer. If it shuts you all up, I will take up the job of spyhunting. The job would be invisible, as in there would be no posts or threads about the job. It would only be discussed via PM's between trusted people. That way we wont scare away the newbies, even if we do falsely accuse them. We could name the institution 'the pentagon'.

If one of the mods would like to do this, or any other citizen, feel free. I would love to join you. If the mods dont like the idea, just say so, and it wont be done.

I second you GbM. But lets not call it the pentagon ;)

look, I say this: there is NO WAY to ensure that we will catch spies w/o a witch hunt. the only choice is OPEN FORUMS for everyone, even for the other sites.

That is the worst idea I have ever heard. They could see our military action plans.

Ok, no witch hunts. we take care of our own spies.

may I say - we should make suspicions about spies when it is obvious ingame. But since the game hasn't started, how can we accuse anyone of spying? there is nothing to spy on yet!

and we could see theirs! my point is, that yes it would be less realistic, but superior strategy would be the deciding factor in the game, plus: no paranoia

Top Bottom