Spiral's Huge Europe Map

Well the first step to start working with maps is learning how to bring up the cheat console and revealing the map so you can get coordinates for plots so that you can edit them in the world builder save. Do you know how to do that?

you mean opening world builder? lol yes ofcourse. I do that all the time

you mean opening world builder? lol yes ofcourse. I do that all the time

Not quite. I prefer not to use world builder unless I'm doing massive revisions because then you have to "clean up" all of the map reveal and units in the save.

With the cheat console enabled you press the "~" key and then type..

game.tooggledebugmode

This will reveal the map without going into world builder and read out the x, y coordinates for you so you can edit the respective coordinates in the world builder save file. Does that make sense to you?

So from there you can jot down different coordinates for civ placement or adding hills, resources etc. Then you would open up the world builder save in note pad and edit it. The civ placement coordinates get changed under the civ section. The terrain, resources get editing in the map section on the appropriate coordinates. Does that make sense?

yes thanks. Iam gonna play around with it and the Europe Map

Okay cool. I'll write up some hints and tips later to help you out with it. Have fun!

Also my goal is to have a version with less civs for more expansion space, one version like current but more balanced, and one with as many European civs as possible. I can even make some more if we need them.

Top Bottom