[SPOILER] All Starships Unlockables for Beyond Earth

It's hard at first, but it has several highly exploitable builds. Like leveling up only engines, stealth, and cannons and building the stealth wonder. Games a cakewalk then. I'd highly recommend it for only 15 dollars though.

Ill have to try this then. Cheers.

Once I have unlocked something in starships (pretty sure I hit the Pioneer mission yesterday) do I need to do something special in CIV:BE? Both are linked to that stupid 2k account but still no Pioneers when starting a new game in BE :-(

To gain/pass on the benefits unlocked in Starships, I believe you need to be logged into the 2K account while you are playing, and then when you start up Beyond Earth, you also need to log into the 2K account before you start up the game. At the start screen, there's a little red "2K games" icon in the lower right. If you click on that, you can log in, and the visible marker of being logged in is that there's a green glow that appears around the edge of the red icon.

The above is right, you need to be actively logged into your 2K account when you unlock something while playing starships for it to count, and then actively be logged into 2K in BE to have access to what you unlocked. The opposite is true for the stuff you get for starships by playing BE. (Dual affinity options, etc.)

To gain/pass on the benefits unlocked in Starships, I believe you need to be logged into the 2K account while you are playing, and then when you start up Beyond Earth, you also need to log into the 2K account before you start up the game. At the start screen, there's a little red "2K games" icon in the lower right. If you click on that, you can log in, and the visible marker of being logged in is that there's a green glow that appears around the edge of the red icon.

The above is right, you need to be actively logged into your 2K account when you unlock something while playing starships for it to count, and then actively be logged into 2K in BE to have access to what you unlocked. The opposite is true for the stuff you get for starships by playing BE. (Dual affinity options, etc.)

Got it, BE does not remember the 2k login, have to do this manually every time. And to add to the pain, the login textboxes don't support copy/paste, sigh

thanks

I guarantee 100% these will be included in the "Complete Edition" two years down the road, just like how the DLC Civs were included in CiV.

Got it, BE does not remember the 2k login, have to do this manually every time. And to add to the pain, the login textboxes don't support copy/paste, sigh

thanks

Hmm... Strange, I'm still logged in after a week. Does your IP change on daily basis? I'm here with Telekom and they don't reset my IP except if I manually restart my router.

Hmm... Strange, I'm still logged in after a week. Does your IP change on daily basis? I'm here with Telekom and they don't reset my IP except if I manually restart my router.

For me, it seems random whether I stay logged in multiple days or whether I get logged off the first time I exit game. I don't see any pattern to it.

Since RT seems like unlocking maps thorugh editing files doesn't work for me anymore... (unlocking seeding options works however)

anyone got same issue?

Since RT seems like unlocking maps thorugh editing files doesn't work for me anymore... (unlocking seeding options works however)

anyone got same issue?

Try the folder here: Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\DLC\Expansion1\Maps

Some files in the base game folder are no longer read, if there is a new one in the RT folders.

Regarding the unlockable Starships content, does anybody else get spammed with the huge "hybrid unlocked" box at the bottom of the screen while playing? I was pretty sure I unlocked them all already and every now and then I get them popping up.

Try the folder here: Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\DLC\Expansion1\Maps

Some files in the base game folder are no longer read, if there is a new one in the RT folders.

thanks for reply

Tried this and still no luck... or maybe Im missing something? how are those unlocked maps named ingame? (same as file names?) :rolleyes:

The ship type that shows you expedition sites is quite nice now that you can get artifacts and combine them for big bonuses.

thanks for reply

Tried this and still no luck... or maybe Im missing something? how are those unlocked maps named ingame? (same as file names?) :rolleyes:

Yep, they are named "Inland Sea" and "Tiny Islands". Not sure why it didn't work for you; I just checked mine and it's working fine after editing the two .lua files.

Hi Guys,
I discovered that if you want to use the two StarShips maps in BERT, you need the edit the map files in \Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\DLC\Expansion1\Maps.

Well, I unlocked tiny islands in Starships after the launch of BERT, and it's working fine in game.

Hello guys, perhaps i am supernoob, or something wrong ,i can't find the assets folder in my computer Sid's folder.,from this guide: Originally Posted by Ryika View Post
In 'Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML\Civilizations' you'll find:

CivBECargo.xml
CivBEColonists.xml
CivBESpacecraft.xml
please help me out with this

Top Bottom