1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SPOILER] All Starships Unlockables for Beyond Earth

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Ryika, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SahintheFalcon

SahintheFalcon Chieftain

Still working on them. Any other suggestions that you got?

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Moderator Action: Two Starships Unlockables threads merged

3. legalizefreedom

legalizefreedom Inefficiency Expert

This :)

4. Lord Tirian

Lord Tirian Erratic Poster

Yeah, I hope so, too.

This kind of "DLC" leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It's already annoying enough that different DLCs break multiplayer to some extent. Hiding away actually interesting tactical options... yeah, this is more than little cosmetic "goodies" and is a terrible precedent.

I really, really don't like this, this is worse than selling it as a little $3 DLC or something like that.

5. Barathor

Barathor Chieftain

6. lilgamefreek

lilgamefreek Chieftain

Well that's one way of going about it, certainly. Nice work and smart thinking.

7. cloudness

cloudness Chieftain

Does the Ultrasonic Emitter passive ability degrades alien relationship?

8. cloudness

cloudness Chieftain

Did it and have access to the new starting options, thanks!

In several XMLs, I also find references such as <Column name="FiraxisLiveUnlockKey" type="text" default="NULL"/>, namely under <Table name="Cargo">, <Table name="Colonists">, <Table name="Spacecraft">, and <Table name="Units">. Are they of any concern?

9. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

No problem!

And no, the tables on top of these documents are just "blueprints" for what can be put into the tables below. (whoward69 could probably explain that much more correct than this.) You can just ignore them.

10. Maximus_Light

Maximus_Light Chieftain

Yo guys, so I bought Starships as I planned on trying it out anyways.

the first thing I did after linking the two is I booted up save games from just before I beat each victory condition then loaded them and ended the game.
    Each victory condition except domination unlocks a planet on Starships thus thus far.

Edit: WOAH! I just checked in Starships every unlock except the missions happened. Like all the planets and all the hybrid affinities... not sure how I managed that one but my first game save that I keep I had 18 purity and 13 in both harmony and supremacy...

11. vahouth

vahouth Chieftain

I unlocked all the hybrids by maxing out one affinity and I having the others past level 7 I think.
    You get a pop up message.

12. rickraven

rickraven Chieftain

Sorry for the newb question, but I can't seem to find the listed files. I have found the source folders, but none of them contain Assets. Is it different for Steam/Mac users?

13. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

Playing on the Glacier map today, it got a couple of unlocks for the game Starships.

14. vahouth

vahouth Chieftain

Ok, so by playing Starships I managed to unlock some of the things mentioned by Ryika in the OP.
    I've unlocked Mercenaries for colonists, Electromagnetic sensor and Supply module in Spacecraft and a Tiny Islands map! :D
    AFAIK they are unlocked when you complete certain very difficult missions (the ones in red) and the map was unlocked by achieving population victory with Supremacy Daoming on medium map.
    I don't know what triggers it though, so I'll try some more victory types with other affinities and leaders.

15. cloudness

cloudness Chieftain

Yes, go to this folder (hit Shift-Cmd-G in Finder and paste the following folder path):
    ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Civilization Beyond Earth.app/Contents/GameData/Assets/Gameplay/XML/

Edit CivBECargo.xml;CivBEColonists.xml;CivBESpacecraft.xml in sub-folder Civilizations
    Edit CivBEUnits.xml in sub-folder Units

16. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

There are also two lua map files, that pass unlock key.
    If commented out, those maps would be available without needing unlock.

17. vahouth

vahouth Chieftain

Completing the Starships mission "Fleet Escape" unlocks Pioneers.
    Completing the Starships mission "Fragile" unlocks Cryotome.
    Completing the Starships mission "Final Justice" unlocks Electromagnetic Sensor.
    Completing the Starships mission "Den of Thieves" unlocks Supply Module.
    Completing Domination victory unlocks Inland Sea map.

18. Piruparka

Piruparka Chieftain

Do you guys know how to unlock the maps in case you don't own SMS? Is there also a file to edit?

19. cloudness

cloudness Chieftain

Here is the process to unlock the maps on Mac.

Go to ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Civilization Beyond Earth.app/Contents/GameData/Assets/Maps/

In Inland_Sea.lua remove FiraxisLiveKey = "InlandSeaUnlocked", (comma included)
    In Tiny_Islands.lua remove FiraxisLiveKey = "TinyIslandsUnlocked",

20. Maximus_Light

Maximus_Light Chieftain

Well I played some BE today...

It seems the bonus missions unlock in starships when you complete quests in BE.
    Specifically:
    Gifts from Home unlocked Mission - Assembly Required: Protect the cargo transports.
    Solid State Citizen unlocked Mission - New Jerusalum: Protect the religous refugees.
    No idea what will unlock Mission - The Arena: Battle without shields.

Also, I can confirm that completing certain Red Missions in Starships unlock more seeding options in BE and the Tiny Island map unlocks with a population victory.