Spoiler PTBS Mongolia

Ronnie1

Deity
This is the spoiler for Mongolia....if you should not be here, please leave.

Since this is a custom map created by Krill, I don't really know what to expect.

I picked a civ that started with Hunting so I could start with a scout for the purpose of getting gold or possibly a tech.

Krill was nice enough to load me up with a hut visible from the starting location.

He also set my settler on Elephants,:goodjob: so I can settle in place and produce a warrior in 3 turns if needed for early defense. I started worker first, but will switch to WB for the Fish ASAP. I set research to Fishing, then I will probably go Agriculture>Mining>BW>AH.

Here is a starting screenie after popping the hut and settling!

I popped Mining from a hut!!!! Choosing a civ that starts with a scout just payed off!

Now I will definitely go AG>BW>AH after fishing.

After a really great play session where the 4 living civs knocked out about 20turns, the map has changed, and so have some plans.

I founded Buddhism in my second city, and started to head for the Oracle.

Memphus used his Industrial trait and took the Oracle...I was still a significant number of turns away, at least it was converted to gold to fund further research.

I am now planning to spam out some settlers and workers and start trying to build some alliances on the map.

This map seems VERY resource heavy, so everyone is in pretty good shape I would think.

Here is a screen of the current home lands.

I have 2 settlers in production...

1 will settle on the horses on the south coast.

1 will settle on the PH on the north coast N of the the 2 gems.

I then will build a couple Keshiks and some more workers.

I am also starting negotiations for alliances with the remaining players.

This game is starting very quickly....multi turns per day which I am not used to in MP, and it was kinda getting away from me.

The Mongol empire now has 5 cities, with a 6th to be founded in 2 turns I believe, and another settler in production, destined for the mainland also.

We will then start looking at the island regions in the center and on the outside.

We built 2 World Wonders....The Great Wall...The Great Lighthouse!

All future cities are intended to be coastal because of the GLH!!!

I popped my first great person also....a GS at long odds, he built an Academy in my southern border city with Memphus. Why there you may ask??? Multiple reasons really, culture 4 now and 8 about 650AD, great cottage site and 2 Gem mines, and extra food for running more Scientists. I really wanted an early Great Prophet to build the Shrine and fund further research, but the GS will probably work out better in the long run.

We have traded with both India and Carthage....France is too far ahead right now to have interest in trading with Mongolia with 1 exception.....they want CoL, but part of my deal for getting it from Carthage was that I had to hold it for at least 5 turns...and I intend to keep my word.

France spoke to us early and professed to be interested in an Alliance....we have our doubts....

France traded early and often with Carthage...which makes the fact that Carthage is no longer willing to trade CoL to them interesting. I believe that Carthage saw France pulling away and put the breaks on a bit.

Carthage had a city razed by barbs...very bad luck!

It looks like the best long term alliance for the Mongol empire is going to be with.....
Spoiler :
India....hope it works out

Obligatory screen shots below.....

Since I wrote the last spoiler...the forum was down and we played a few more turns.

The city site on the western coast was changed to the hill tile 1W of the shown city site. I gave up the 2 fish for sheep and forests....not sure if that was ideal...but being a border city also...I went for the defense bonus as well.

I Founded the city on the inner coast where planned.

I also pop rushed another setter and got him to the inner island where he will found in 2 turns, (1 to get off the galley). This city will garner Marble and Stone....

I want to make a quick push for the Temple of Artemis and Mausoleum of Mausolous. Probably not doable if Memphus wants them....but need to try. Memphus made a big settler push and has 9 total cities at the time of this writing...including 1 with 1 border pop on the center island already.

Top Bottom