• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sports Trivia Game

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
I'm running out of ideas, but...

Bob Gibson had his 1.12 ERA in 1968.

Who led the American League with a 1.60 ERA in that same year? Small clue: Despite that great ERA, he did NOT get the AL Cy Young award.

That was the year McLain won 31 games, so he probably got the Cy Young. May have been Luis Tiant?

Enough of these rubbish sports. Lets get onto the biggest of them all, football. Who has won the most European cups and how many was is it?

Stop the Trolling Please...:mad:

And it isn't your turn, it's NY Hoya's. Answer a "rubbish" sport question, and then you can post a question about soccer.:)

Real Madrid-9:p

sorry..just thought I'd tidy that up :D

I agree with Real Madrid, but they have won the Europa cup I (Champion's league) 6 or 7 times.
5x in the fifties.
once in the 60's and once in the 90's.
I'm not sure about the last one (the win in the 90's) therefore 6 or 7 times in total.

At least 8 times. 6 times in a row, when it first started, and twice in the last couple of seasons. Therefore a minimum of 8.

Its 9 dam it ;)

55/56
56/57
57/58
58/59
59/60
65/66
97/98
99/00
01/02

Lets try to keep this going.

Who was the 2nd NHL player to score 50 goals in 50 games?

just for fun
the 1st?
the 3rd?

The first one was Maurice "Rocket" Richard from the Montréal Canadiens in 194?.

The second one was Mike Bossy of the Ny Islanders in 198?.

And the third one is Wayne Gretzky with the Edmonton Oilers in 198?.

I don't know the years but I know the names... :)

correct
correct
correct

we won't worry about the years :D

Yoooohooooo! I won I won I won I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Let's stick with hockey...

Who is the only Korean-born player to have his name on the Stanley Cup? :confused:

I'm thinking Stan Mikita for some reason,but did he get a cup?

Mikita won the cup with Chicago in the 60's I believe. And he is a North-American.
I'll give you a clue...this player played in the early 1990's.

I have no idea :(

It's benn 2 days now so I'll say it...no one seems to care anyway (damn football!)

It was Jim Paek who won the cup twice with the Pittsburg Penguins in 1991 and 1992.

Feel free to go ahead and ask something else Smash.

Well,if you can't beat em,join em,so speaking of the World Cup..

Who is the only player to have scored for both teams in a match?

Holy smokes that is correct!..it was against Italy.OG in the 1st half and scored the traditional way in the 2nd in a 2-1 win.I'll bet he felt better after that :D

Top Bottom