• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Sports Trivia Game

I think I know it:

- Miguel Indurain (of course)
- Frederico Bahamontes
- Luis Ocana
- Pedro Delgado (here I'm not 100% sure)

I now believe this question was too easy.

Indeed the Spanish winners were :

- Miguel Indurain (1991 till and including 1995)
- Frederico Bahamontes (1959)
- Luis Ocana (1973)
- Pedro Delgado (1988)

Hitro,
It's your turn :goodjob:

Everything is easy if you watch dozens of hours of cycling coverage over the years. There's often not much to tell so after a while you know all the old riders, even if you are too young to have seen Bahamontes or Ocana yourself. :lol:

Well as this is a general sports quiz, I will change the subject to something else, Formula One to be precise.

Who was the only Formula One champion who's title had to be awared posthumously?

In 1982, New Zealand made a sensational apearence in the World Cup. They did not win a single match though. The interesting thing was that the players were all amateurs, all but one. There was one professional. In what sport? Oh yeah, it wasn't football (or soccer).
:lol:

AVN got it. It was cricket. Go ahead.

I have no good question at the moment. Because Flatlander Fox was close and because he's the starter of this thread I propose he will ask the next question. But I hope he will ask a question which can be answered by non-Americans. :goodjob:

Yikes!!!

A tall order!!!

Hmmm... Who was the last guy NOT named Schumacher to win an F1 title? :D

A wounded duck for sure, but it will get more involved! :D

1996:damon hill
1997:hakkinen
1998:hakkinen
1999:schumacher
2000:schumacher
2001:schumacher
2002:still buzy but it looks like schumacher

He asked for the last winner, not named Schumacher, not for a list of all the recent winners.

The golden rule of every CFC quiz is that you have to wait for a confirmation by the asker of the question, before going on.

Originally posted by philippe
1996:damon hill
1997:hakkinen
1998:hakkinen
1999:schumacher
2000:schumacher
2001:schumacher
2002:still buzy but it looks like schumacher
You forgot Villeneuve. He won in 1997, then two times Häkkinen and two (soon three) times Schumacher.

Originally posted by MCdread
In 1982, New Zealand made a sensational apearence in the World Cup. They did not win a single match though. The interesting thing was that the players were all amateurs, all but one. There was one professional. In what sport? Oh yeah, it wasn't football (or soccer).
:lol:
:confused: The only cricket world cup in 1982 was the womens' world cup, in which NZ played 12, won 6, to finish third.:confused:

Top Bottom