Spring 2017 patch notes

I continued a save MP game after the patch, it worked, but war weariness was broken and not working and there were no penalties for warmongering any longer. Probably due to the changes made in the patch to those things.

I continued a save MP game after the patch, it worked, but war weariness was broken and not working and there were no penalties for warmongering any longer. Probably due to the changes made in the patch to those things.
Same for me. I could declare war on anybody by any kind of war (surprise, formal war, casus belli) and the declare war option always said NONE in green letters. I don't know whether it's just a bug in this dialog or whether the penaly really was none.
Penalty for capturing cities seemed to be working.

Was it a new game @TomKQT ?
Nono, I was reacting to w3rallmachines who said it happened when he continued a pre-patch game. I started this game also before the patch. The save file worked and I needed just 2 hours to finish my game.
I think there were more problems, for example I couldn't see any effect of the improved harbor (lighthouse giving food etc.).

Setting DLC as >> priority than objectively bugged mechanics/UI accuracy comes to mind, even if we set aside the #inputs issue. Name-calling them with expletives won't make anything better, but they're certainly not showing much respect for their consumers asking them to buy stuff before they finish it, repeatedly.

The alternative is that they don't know about the bugs, but when it comes to stuff like unit cycling I'm not buying that one.

Even if this is a resource constraint due to who the company chose to put on the development team, that says plenty by itself.
Sure, but by that final statement, that isn't something Firaxis can ever fix. Which begs the question of what we can reasonably expect to be addressed, given the constraints Firaxis work within.

for example I couldn't see any effect of the improved harbor (lighthouse giving food etc.).
Yes pre patch games unlikely to work well This from my current game shows the Royal Navy Dockyard gets +2 adjacency from the city centre (better than I expected) and the lighthouse is giving the benefits

upload_2017-3-29_10-8-48.png

You can now settle cities within 2 hexes to each other.

EDIT: Or not, there seems to be a turn limit for this atleast in the TSL-Earth map.

Attachments

• 2017-03-29.png
    2017-03-29.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 285
Last edited:
England are top tier on water maps now or anywhere you can build lots of dockyards. Potential +2 trade slots per city is great and I already liked British Museums.

Harbor change isn't great. Admiral points are still mostly useless compared to Merchants, a 3 food 1 gold tile(for most of game) is pretty useless as well and not a great use of a district slot. Starting next to Ocean wastes space for good districts or good tiles like hills. Seaport comes far to late to be of use. Harbor needs another buff, starting near ocean is still a massive imbalance compared to inland river.

The swordsman change is just weird. 35 to 40 to 36 strength, Really? The whole spearman/horseman/swordsman needs a proper balance pass. Please put some effort into it firaxis as its a pretty key time of the game.

Last edited:
You can now settle cities within 2 hexes to each other.

EDIT: Or not, there seems to be a turn limit for this atleast in the TSL-Earth map.
I have already seen that before. I suspect it has to do with the sea channel (+ maybe different continents).

Hmm, I swear I could see Plymouth as a green area for settling before I build the settler. Something strange going on with it.

England just jumped up at least two tiers possibly, from the bottom. Well, according to FilthyRobot's rank list at least. I wonder if he will ever play Civ again and update his spreadsheets. Those sheets were awesome.
Link please?

Everyone like the math here? Does this sound like a fair compromise?

EXAMPLE: Persepolis is conquered and its population after conquest is 6. But the average size of a city in the game is 8. So this city is 2 / 8 = 25% below the size of the average city in the game. Therefore the warmonger penalty is reduced by 25%.

I'd guess the +1 productions is from fishing boats + pantheon.

There is also the lighthouse with the update it adds 1 food.
so basic coast 1f 1g
with fish 2f 1g
with lighthouse 3f 1g (unimproved fish)
with boats + pantheon 4f 1p 1g

Top Bottom