1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring 2017 patch notes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bbbt, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

2. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  3. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Does pressing the shortcuts for "Show Yields" and showing the Grid no longer work, after player for a while, for anyone else?

4. NN23

NN23 Warlord

Are the city-states of the Firaxis TSL Map still the same 12 CS?

5. The Economy

The Economy Chieftain

I thought that the included TSL map would support more than 8 players with the update. I don't see where I can add extra players?

edit: The update said :
    • Added more civs to the True Start Location Earth map.
    So I guess that doesn't really mean more than 8 just more to choose from? Well, that's very disappointing.

And no, you can't change the city states.

2nd edit: Did they mean to say they added Alexander and Cyrus to the world map? Jesus effing Christ

6. Victoria

More options, not more players. TSL is a fixed size so I guess they are stopping you cramming them in so you can clean them up.

7. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Setting DLC as >> priority than objectively bugged mechanics/UI accuracy comes to mind, even if we set aside the #inputs issue. Name-calling them with expletives won't make anything better, but they're certainly not showing much respect for their consumers asking them to buy stuff before they finish it, repeatedly.

The alternative is that they don't know about the bugs, but when it comes to stuff like unit cycling I'm not buying that one.

Even if this is a resource constraint due to who the company chose to put on the development team, that says plenty by itself.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2017
    legalizefreedom and Zuizgond like this.
  8. NN23

NN23 Warlord

I know you can't change the CS directly, but what i'm asking are the city states still the same 12 cs that you get every time you start a game on that TSL map or are they now 12 random cs? If not, i will be terribly disappointed because i love that map (mainly because my pc isn't good enough for the YnAMP TSL map) and i desperately want t playa game with Australia or England where i'm the Suzerain of Auckland especially now with the Harbor buff

9. Victoria

Eeewww Suze of Auckland, I could think of nice places... Where is wellington for exampl:lol:

Nah they stay the same...nhave not checked if you can change them, I doubt it.

10. NN23

NN23 Warlord

well that's a bummer... but imagine you are playing with England on that map, you have god of the sea pantheon, fully upgraded RND's (especially with the current buff) and Suze with Auckland (+2 production from fishing boats after the industrial era) you would have killer coastal tiles. And why the hate for Auckland?

11. Victoria

I come from Titahi Bay
    And its not hate, just banter.... I think I picked up the habit in Blighty.
    A wellingtom CS would have limited housing but be a culture CS
    I like the way NZ is plastered with sheep.

nzcamel likes this.
  12. Apaco

Apaco Chieftain

Sorry for a question from a newbie, but I cant seem to continue my savegame (a hotseat game) after the patch. Does it mean that I need to start a new game because of the patch or should it be save game compatible? (playing with the YnAMP mod, but no other mods)

Thanks for any answers :)

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Sometimes saved games will work after a patch, although sometimes with strange, subtle discrepancies. Usually though, a new patch will break saved games and you will have to start anew.

Apaco likes this.
  14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

And mods usually have to be updated after patches as well.

15. NN23

NN23 Warlord

yeah NZ is a very funny location on that map, especially the south island where all the tiles are basically sheep, but it is a terrible location to settle a city there.

It makes no sense whatsoever to settle there it will just eat up all your amenities, which are scarce on that TSL map.

One way to improve that map would be to give additional tiles to the islands in the games (yes, it would be out of proportion when comparing to the real deal, but gameplay wise it makes sense. I mean for goodness sake just look at Japan). Additional tiles are almost necessary for NZ, all the islands east of Asia and maybe GB and Ireland.

16. bbbt

bbbt Deity

DLC and bug fixing are not mutually exclusive.

DLC is requires comparatively little development - the core dev team is not the ones making 3D models, laying out maps, etc.

Conversely, patches, ai, bug fixes, and extra mechanics are almost entirely core development team and very little from the art and production side of things.

In many regards, the DLC is basically there to give art and production something to do (and earn money for it), while the dev team is bug fixing.

17. Herod

Herod Warlord

My save works fine with the new patch, it's a standard game no mods.

18. Victoria

@NN23 if you read earlier in the thread all the small island countries were winnable on deity. It just takes a sea strat like mentioned.

I have settled NZ, stripped the sheep to grow fast them forced occupants onto 1 food 5 prod tiles to make it a little ship building place. It does not grow above 6 if you do not build a granary

19. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Wellington is in CiV where it belongs :p hehe
    Now if they included Christchurch...geeez, that's a city worthy of this game :D :mischief:

20. DanaLea

DanaLea Prince Supporter

[BUG FIXES]
    • Fixed an issue where previously constructed buildings were not showing up properly on the Production Chooser.

OMG Finally!!!!

legalizefreedom likes this.