1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Patch Info

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

After finishing a game as England (defeated by Korea (it's all Mvemba's fault)), I guess it might be wise not to start another game till the patch, right?

Btw. I'm interested in combining loyalty and religion. I started to like religion mechanics of the game, and this patch will make it even more interesting for me.

agonistes likes this.
  2. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I keep saying that myself, but then days go by and I realize I could have finished a whole game in the interim.

I don’t mind waiting, but I do want to know when the patch will drop so that I don’t get emotionally invested in a game that may get corrupted by a patch midway through.

nzcamel likes this.
  3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

It's not looking like the patch will drop this week, or if it does it will be Thursday or Friday. I say start a game, but you may want to go modless just in case. You should be able to finish the game even if the patch drops. My last game was modless, and I may start another.

4. LMT

LMT Warlord

Tying religion to loyalty is a good idea. But I'd like to see it somehow related to all civs...not just ones that founded a religion.

Maybe there could be a "religious tolerance" policy card where having more religions in your civ increases loyalty if your civ did not found a religion.

5. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I started another game yesterday and hope to finish today. Random civ gave me France (on a random map that gave me island plates) and I was wonder-hoarding as usual worth 1400 tourism at atomic era. Germany was a tight competitor and looking for a Science victory. Time to wage war against Germany and his U-Boats!

6. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Are we there yet?

7. Sherlock

Sherlock Just one more turn...

Do patches come out on certain days of the week or can it be anytime? I have this idea that it's Mondays and Thursdays but they might be nonsense.

8. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

well..... I had 3 saves and I was hoping to complete one before the patch came out. Long story short I upgraded my computer so I formated my SSD and of all the things I forgot to save my game saves. I had a game going on with me as France and Rome was conquering the whole world. It was actually pulling me in and now I blew it away :mad: So now I want this patch to come out.

Plus this new AMD Ryzen 2700x is a great upgrade from a overclocked 4670k. Civ6 turn times are down to about 11 secs in benchmark but I havent really changed anything yet with ram or other system performance.

9. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

Typically it has been Tuesday or Thursdays at night but we have seen Wednesday and also at about 1pm eastern time.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  10. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

Enough waiting. Re-installed Five with the latest Vox Populi and off I go...! Some real AI there anyways...

11. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

All this waiting, BAH!!!

12. acluewithout

acluewithout Deity

If you’re waiting for the Spring patch before playing more Civ VI, then what else do you play?

I keep looking at Civ V and Civ IV, but it seems a bit nuts going back a version or two. I was also looking at Battletech, but it sounds like that needs a few more patches too. Currently I’m filling the wait with this forum (if you couldn’t tell) and bike ridding.

I have no entitlement to having the patch out quickly or being updated, and that’s cool. Still. It’s pretty crazy there has been this much delay and no word. You would think a ‘we’re still working on it’ would be better received than stoney silence.

13. Esperr

Esperr King

This thread is making me think you you guys enjoy the waiting more then the actual patch, this is some basic level filler stuff and people are so hyped.

Equilin, agonistes, Kimiimaro and 2 others like this.
  14. jddods

jddods Prince

Playing Info era games to fill in while waiting for the patch, as they are quick.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  15. MP | Moongazer

MP | Moongazer Chieftain

While waiting for the next patch, for some reason I can't go back to civ 5 because of civ 6 graphics. I was so impressed by the detail zoom-in view in civ 6, which made civ 5 look mediocre at best (this might trigger somebody :D), though civ 5 complete edition gameplay is generally better than civ 6 right now.

16. KAL_MAD

KAL_MAD Chieftain

For me it is the compact cities in Civ 5. In Civ 6 everything is spread out; districts, wonders, it is hard to get back to 5 after that

King Rad likes this.
  17. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

i only got 150 hours in civ 6. so i went back to civ 5 to where its more challenge from AI units :) got over 4000 hour there to. i feel civ 6 is not fun now, only a building game not mutch war challenge like i want, that was in 5. And i want to play my own earth map with my civ 5 scenario i made. And that is not possible now without the worldbuilder in civ 6 either. i guess civ 6 will not be that fun for me after another expansion maybee

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  18. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I’ve given up. Playing Harald in anticipation of spring patch. I found Teddy actually quite dangerous on the attack. He surrounded my city on both sides and captured it. I did have some defence but did not help. Second war he lost to many units while i could heal up my units. Losing them slowly. Numbers were pretty even. Took me 7-8 turns to capture his capital. I anticipated some defense but Teddy did not bother to defend. AI is pretty dodgy. Some smart moves but mostly not offering much resistance.

Tempted to start playing vox populi again. But ive gotten to used of civ 6 new features. Civ 5 probably is the right choice do

19. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire comes out soon. I'm an investor, so I don't have to purchase it, but I encourage you all to check it out, but of course I am biased being an investor. I was thinking of finishing my game of Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear which I still haven't finished the final series of battles. I should finish Trespasser for DA: Inquisition which I never finished (I did do the other 2 DLC though). Not to mention I never played the expansions for Witcher 3, or the last expansion for the first Pillars of Eternity, and the expansion for Tyranny. I have so many unfinished games LOL. And I still wanted to watch Season 3 of Better Call Saul which was released to Netflix. And I have other Netflix series I wanted to watch. Seriously, who has time for all this?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  20. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

Tempted to buy pillars 2. But i have a couple more unplayed rpg’s so probably i’ll buy it at discount combined with all content 2 years later