SQ2: Schizophrenic Shaka

I have no idea where the trading rep got blown out either. Honestly, the flips in this game have been completely random. We had a 1st core city flip that was insane since we had plenty of culture being built. This variant is truly perplexing to me.

IIRC we pounded and eliminated the next biggest civ (pink?) when they declared on us.
Actually, I think we declared war on them, but they were not liked by any civ. Nor were the orange Zulu.

Not on my turns since we have such a tech lead. Chox? I noticed he's been stealing plans and such.Nope.
I don't think it has an effect unless the mission FAILS. And mine never did.

I think Chox just changed government to communism
No I didn't. I left it in Anarchy.

Teller, they at least need to be catious because the annoyed LBZ did not vote for me a while ago.

wow. I don't know how we are going to do that, then. annoyed to cautious is 10 clicks, and we still need 1 of the furious ones to get annoyed, then cautious.

I am dumping us to democracy, btw - the bombers are killing us, though.

I found this in the discussion thread of Bamspeedy's article:

Culture flips: +1 if you accept the city that wants to flip (it will take into effect one full turn after gaining control of the city).

-1 if you refuse the flip. This is cumulitive. I had a city that wanted to flip on two consecutive turns. Refused both times and got -2, then it wanted to flip about 10 turns later and I was now at -3.

I don't know if these bonuses/penalties are permanent or temporary

This would explain it - all the flips have caused the problem, and there is probably nothing to be done about it.

Anyone know a way to find out what the current attitude level is from the save file? It might be useful to find out what it is - I'm not sure this game is winnable right now, unless we knock off 2 AI and vote for ourselves.

How did we get at war with Orange? We were at peace at the end of my turn.

Cool. [moral]Why declare war on someone if you can get someone else to do it for you? :mischief: [/moral]

This does not sound very positive for UN victory. Very strange variant, indeed.

well, we actually were forced to declare war ;)

Strange variant - worse with the Zulu, though, who on deity always start out annoyed ;) india or france might have been better.... but if the info about the flips is true, I'm not sure there was anything to be done about it. Maybe if culture flips are turned off.

My guess is that dark blue expanded less well, so few or none of the cities flipped to the good guys.

I think when Sima developed the variant he wanted the craziest and most difficult of all possibilities. Zulus and flips add to that mess.

well, I am sure he didn't realize that flips would cause attitude issues - actually, it probably can be done, but you have to be careful not to accept a flip. Which means you have to really, really watch your core cities.

My guess is that dark blue expanded less well, so few or none of the cities flipped to the good guys.

Indeed, they were much bigger earlier in the game, but then all but 3 of their cities flipped to the Pink Zulu or us.

Come on, Auto Teller! You have had 2 weeks! Surely you have something by now.

Well, the AI knows about that warrior you have exploring in the far south, and about that small, remote 2 tile-island with Oil, so it probably knows which Shaka to vote for. :lol:

They know who to vote for.

I will upload my save tonight - my apologies.

I do not believe the game is winnable under the current guidelines - I have tried every trick I can think of, and we cant get one shaka even cautious.

Are they at least annoyed? :) And I agree, I am 1 straw from deeming this game "lost". Although I will run the replay to see the craziness of it all. :crazyeye:

There is one we can't get past furious, but we can only get one to polite.

IBT

Dark BLue wanders around

Zulu requests an audience

We trade territory maps with one of the modern age zulus - I think orange
Orange units move into yellow territory
Zulu are building manhatten project...

New Tugela 3 (end of the continent, in green) flip to us -> renamed to SchizoNew Tugela 3
Grass->plain

give 100 GP to all but orange - no one changes their attitude, so screw that.

IBT - Orange doesn't want to extend MPP - ok

1660 hit return

IBT - renew ROP with ZUlu (dunno which one - not orange, I know that - DB, I think)

THe Zulu giving us silk can't anymore, so we just renew ROP
The Zulu giving us 73 GPT won't, so we just renew ROP

Green Declares on Orange

We renew ROP on another Zulu

We lose furs and renew the ROP

Schizotheater flips to orange!
Schizonguin flips to yellow

1660 - go into democracy - All ZUlu still furious except dark green

This is interesting - I can see our bomber on the same tile as a light blue cav...

1665 sign an MPP with green

IBT - many attacks on green

1670 declare

orange take Schizofiller

Hold elections, nothing

Bombard a bunch of orange tiles and units, kill a bunch with tanks and infantry, losing 1

Light blue is only annoyed with us.

Up lux, cause we are about to get wacked with WW

Lots of rioting, Space flight comes in
Trade space flight to green

Try to trade with yellow - we have blown our rep somewhere, and this is probably part of the reason they are unhappy.
I can get a lot for space - but if I throw in an MPP, I can't get tech or gold, just gpt, lux and the MPP
Trade Space/MPP for MPP, silks and 300 gpt with

Trade space to green fro computers, advanced flight and world map

I played a few more turns - two more cities flip, I take one, but lose it again, but take it back. War weariness kicks in.

There is a vote in there which is, surprise, inconclusive.

Attachments

• Shaka of the Zulu, 1695 AD.SAV
    233.2 KB · Views: 78
I'll check the save. I'm pretty sure it will be hopeless, but I'll check anyway. ;)

Chox---Why don't you just run over the remaining AI left in the game and win it by domination? UN is a hopeless cause due to the rep issue amongst other things.

I agree that UN is almost hopeless. I'll see if I can gift to make the AI happy. If not, UN is hopeless.

Top Bottom