Resource icon

SQL Maker Tool (Excel) 1.0.2

Elucidus

King
Elucidus submitted a new resource:

Civic/Tech SQL Maker Tool - Creates the SQL to Add Tech/Civics

This is an excel spreadsheet that takes your input and creates the code you need to import into the database to make that input into Technologies or Civics

The directions are pretty simple:

STEP 1: View attachment 460803

STEP 2:
View attachment 460804

STEP 3:
View attachment 460805

STEP 4:
View attachment 460806

STEP 5:
View attachment 460807

STEP 6:
View attachment 460808

STEP 7:
View attachment 460809

STEP 8:...

Read more about this resource...

Output looks like this:

output.png

What it looks like in game:

final product.png

Oh you can copy the entire 5 rows and paste them below and you can make multiple techs at a time.

extras.png

Output:
Extras Output.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much... so needed this cuz changing tech tree takes forever by hand ez to make mistakes. This is a blessing.

Glad, it's useful, I am working on a Modifiers one, but it is much more complicated. It can affect something like 10 tables if you include requirements and the different modifier tables (BuildingModifiers for example).

Glad, it's useful, I am working on a Modifiers one, but it is much more complicated. It can affect something like 10 tables if you include requirements and the different modifier tables (BuildingModifiers for example).
Glad to see I'm not the only one looking for ways to make things less tedious. I've made an SQL modifer/requirement autogenerator (although I need to update it to add support for up to 5 modifier arguments for a single entry...currently at 3). Takes a somewhat different approach from you, but you may find it interesting.

:) Wish I saw that earlier. Yeah, I am lazy, and my plans call for a lot of modifiers, so I made this to make it easier. i was trying to break it down to a lower level, but that was too much. I cam eon to upload my latest version.

I just finished the first version of my Modifier/Requriement maker. :) Took quite a bit of work, but it only goes up to 4 requirement and modifier arguments.

This new version hasn't been well tested, I tried a couple of things and I don't have time to get a proper tutorial up, but anyone who wants to play with it, go nuts.

Elucidus updated Civic/Tech SQL Maker Tool with a new update entry:

SQL Maker 0.9a

Major Update! This now includes a modifiers and requirements generator.

It goes down to four levels of arguments for both. Again copy the code on the left in blue, it identifies which ones are requirements and which are modifiers in case you want them in separate files.

I could add a clear button, if people want that.

View attachment 461033
*It is NOT thoroughly tested. I just finished coding it and did some based tests.

Additionally, I did add Civilopedia XML to the techs page....

Read the rest of this update entry...

Identified a couple of big bugs.

Need to add additional input for the modifieriIds of additional items and need to have it validate requirements that cannot be duplicated to be ignored when outputting the code, so they are only referenced for the Ids.

See the notes below.
2016-12-12.png

Okay so I am fixing it, and I am thinking 5 ModArguments to One modifier and 5 Modifiers to one set of Requirements?

That would allow something like modifying almost all of the yields, Food, Production, Gold, Faith and Culture, Leaving out Science...should I just make a sixth? Man this is getting crazy...

I guess I could go to the thread tools at the top (which I didn't see earlier).

BTW, the deeper I get, the more complicated this gets.

So I will probably do it in stages, many many stages.

Elucidus updated SQL Maker Tool with a new update entry:

SQL Maker 1.0.1

Huge update to the tool. Note, this one has a macro, all it does is clear the fields, in case you save it filled out, just click the button at the top to empty all of the fields.

• It now accommodates several modifiers at one time, and assigns the proper modifier table (BeliefModifiers, BuildingModifiers, etc.).
  • Each group of ModifierArguments is color coded and matches to the code it alters.
  • All of the drop downs have been corrected so it will fill in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

New patch has several new game effects added to gameEffects.xml:

REQUIREMENT_SPECIFIC_LEADER_ELIMINATED
REQUIREMENT_PLAYER_ERA_AT_LEAST
REQUIREMENT_CULTURE_BOMBED
EFFECT_REPLACE_PLAYER_GOVERNMENT_SLOT_TYPE
EFFECT_ADJUST_UNIT_FORCE_RETREAT
EFFECT_ADJUST_PLAYER_YIELD_MODIFIER_PER_EARNED_GREAT_PERSON
EFFECT_ADJUST_CULTURE_BOMB_CONVERTS_CITY
EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_DOMESTIC
EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD_FOR_INTERNATIONAL
EFFECT_ADJUST_CITY_AMENITIES_FROM_CITY_STATES