Stack Movement

boris_k

Chieftain
Is this a know bug? I can't find it in the forums.

I have a large mixed stack of 50 units or so. I keep moving them towards an enemy city with the intention of bombarding next round. But every time the next turn begins they have moved back away from that enemy city.

When this happened the first time I assumed I'd accidently queued a movement. But this has happened 3 times now and I definitely haven't got movement queued for this stack.

Help would be appreciated as I cannot progress like this. The game was really close and this may have been enough for me to actually lose it.

Do any of your units have withdraw?If so,are any of them damaged?Damaged units will withdraw if there is even a small chance of losing hp.

catcall73 said:
Do any of your units have withdraw?If so,are any of them damaged?Damaged units will withdraw if there is even a small chance of losing hp.

Thanks for replying.

The stack contains artillery units that can withdraw and 1 of them is damaged but I don't think this is contributing as the stack isn't in combat.

This is how it happens:

1. I move a stack containing Tanks, Infantry and Artillery, to 1 space away from an enemy city, inside that enemy's territory.
2. The next turn starts.
3. My whole stack has moved back to where they started last turn. This is before I can do anything.

To me this must be a bug.

These are the things I've considered/tested:

1. Was the fact that some of these units were previously grouped with units outside of the stack (CTRL + #), causing them to take the movement orders
of other units that I own?

I selected every unit I own and made sure none of them had queued movement orders. The wandering stack problem still occurred.

2. Was I inadvertently queuing orders for some units that caused the whole stack to move?
Tested as for point 1. above. The problem still occurred. Even if this was the case, I can't see why the whole stack would move.

I really am struggling to understand this.

Top Bottom