Stalingrad

I don't think Beevor's book lived up to my expectations. It describes Barbarossa up to Stalingrad and then uses the bulk of the book describing Stalingrad, but I there wasn't enough about the aftermath, IMO. I certainly felt the need to read more to fill out the gap the book had left in my mind: the Northern and central fronts and the later parts of Barbarossa. But it was certainly a convincing account of the battle and the anecdotes he has spiced it with are good. What did you think about it?

Well the fact that the book is called 'STALINGRAD' kind of explains the way it concentrates on the battle for Stalingrad. But all in all i would call it a great book. It has a lot of insight into the suffering of the men. Some of the anecdotes were funny!:lol:

Indeed so, it was probably called Stalingrad because it focused on Stalingrad... :D But still I think he at least should have given some more on the aftermath, when he told so much about the southern front before the battle. I find Manstein's different battles downthere extremely interesting, he should have discussed those more. But yes. I'm also eager for FMK to finish this project, but I guess we can't really allow ourselves to put presssure on him... he's doing it for free... :D

FMK, i've been waiting for this scen to come out since you first posted, and that was a YEAR AND A HALF ago!!! Are you ever going to get it done?

I have been trying to do a similar "cityfight" scenario, but based in Paris (the scenario, not me!). My MAJOR problem was not info or maps, but bridges. Like most major cities, Paris is on a big old river, and so it has LOTS of bridges. I tried to create a "bridge" terrain, and i tried messing around with the coasts, and i tried using roads for the bridge. NOTHING works.
i know from maps of stalingrad that there is less of a problem because there are fewer bridges, and also you can ignore the river pretty much as the germans barely got there, and its enormous. But Paris needs the Seine and its bridges (which weren't blown up in any war i know of). So what can i do? does anyone know how to get around the problem (try editing a terrain - it only has "jurisdiction" over the diamond and the two upper triangles)?
Please help - Im very desperate - and i dont wanna blow up half the bridges in paris, and nor do i wanna swivel paris around to avoid the problem.:confused:

Please don't post one post in more than one thread. I did that once, and the mods came after me... :D

ARG!!!!! NO POST!!!! ;)
btw, from personal experience i lovep laying this scenario :goodjob: i gotta transfer it from my old comp to my new one now :)

Originally posted by DarthVeda
Hey FMK, if you're really stalled out on this project, why not Open Beta it like I did for Kyokujitsu?

so where can we get a hold of your beta then DarthVeda ? ;)

FMK, please finish your scenario! It looks so cool, I'd consider BUYING it if I had to. Please! Is there ANYTHING I can do to help you with it? :goodjob:

Are you reading this thread or have you completely switched to Apolyton, making my message to you pointless? :D

FMK doesn't come to CFC anymore due to something that happened awhile ago

I'm intrigued! Please elaborate! :goodjob:

Top Bottom