Stalingrad

Nah, I love animals. Morten and I even dscussed the ethics of such a unit. Poor doggies.

I like the bomb on the back alot. I'll hava a try with that and see how it looks. You make very good nature type units Morten. My favorite is still the stormclouds with lightningbolts.

Case, have you had any attacks by the 'lions' in-game? I am wondering if I should give them 2x view and more movement. Henrik said he was able to kill them before they got to him.
:scan:

-FMK.

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
Case, have you had any attacks by the 'lions' in-game? I am wondering if I should give them 2x view and more movement. Henrik said he was able to kill them before they got to him.
:scan:

Yeah, I've been attacked by them quite a few times. IMO, they should be left how they are - they concentrate on the tanks and are well balanced (I was able to destroy about 2/3 before they reached the tanks).
The only problem I have with them is the lack of a shield. Due to this they blend in with the background, and I've kamakazied several returning bombers into the dogs :(

Sorry You probably get this all the time but about how much longer (roughly) will it be until the scenario is ready for release? Im really looking forward to it

Was quite succesfull during the whole war period, the Russian Army only recently (as in 10-15 years ago) disbanded their 'dog' tank destroyer squads.

My uncle fought during the war (a Greek Russian) and remarked that some dogs were used to destoy german tanks from the 62 Russian army anti tank sections defending the cental front at stalingrad.

Because the german standard blitz tactic was to attack with aircraft support first , tanks second and then followed by Infantry(who could not offer support to shoot them), the dogs did a lot of damage.

They were especially usefull in built up areas where their small size and speed made interception allmost imposible. At night they were deady and very effective in locating camped tanks and detroying them.

The dogs were trained to run underneath tanks and they were not used if russian tanks were in very close proximetry.

boooo, i don't visit poly anymore.

Originally posted by SunTzu
boooo, i don't visit poly anymore.

Lots of people are wishing you would visit and play your PBEM turns :mad:

what turn of events?
oh and case i'm not playing those PBEMs anymore.

Originally posted by SunTzu
oh and case i'm not playing those PBEMs anymore.

Thanks for telling me :rolleyes:

Since this thread is declared dead, I am moving it to the PBEM forum....

All PBEM threads should be posted to the PBEM forum from now on to reduce confusion.

Stalingrad is probably one of the least multiplayable scenarios ever made! ;)

Top Bottom