[GS] Stand the test of time on deity: Gilgamesh (Sumeria)

Vahnstad

King
I will stand the test of time, and play every civ in chronological order on deity. There are no rules. Infinite rerolls although i don't want to easily give up. When I win on deity with a civ, we progress to the next civ. Below a chart of the chronological order of the civs. After we finish, i will post my deity rankings. Credits to TheGameMechanic for the idea.

Civilizations we met:
Maori - 1
Japan - 1
France (CdM) - 1
Australia - 1
Phoenicia - 1

Victories we pursued
Diplomatic victory - 1

Wonders we built:
Chichen Itza - 1
Colossus - 1
Forbidden City - 1
Great Zimbabwe - 1
Hanging Gardens - 1
Huey Teocalli - 1
Kilwa Kisiwani - 1
Mausoleum at Halicarnassus - 1
Oracle - 1
Oxford University - 1
Ruhr Valley - 1
Statue of Liberty - 1
Orszaghaz - 1

Last edited:
Sumeria will be our first civ. We will play on Pangeae, 6 civs in the game. I focus on getting a science or domination win. So far i've had two rerolls (really bad ones, one cramped with no room to expand except desert, and one island start), both with bad start yields.

RNG is very bad for me. Always a bad start... Did 10 rerolls already. Tedious really. Idk why those youtubers get good starts always...

We built the Pyramids, Oracle and surprisingly the Hanging Gardens. Great Library was gone before I even unlocked it. Now choosing between Chitzen Itza and Huey Teocalli. CI would net me around 24 culture and double the production of my city Nippur if i bought some tiles. Problem is i can't build it quick. Huey Teocalli is also good, but I only have 5 lake tiles in my empire, which would create 2 food - 1 production - 1 gold tiles and grant me 4 amenities. I think i'm going for Chichen Itza. But i'm afraid the AI will build it quicker. Chichen Itza would be an amazing wonder.

Planning on moving Pingala to the capital whenever Magnus is done chopping. Might prepare for war with the Maori and/or France. France has huge science output, but weak military but i might have to wait until i have knights. Also Australia is attacking France, and on the brink of taking over some cities, which is great.

Need to create 2 - 3 more cities, but I have delayed that. Now was the focus to building up this empire.

Flipped a city. Built Forbidden Temple and Chichen Itza. Now busy building Oxford University, Kilwa Kisiwani and Huey Teocalli (it's still not built). Want to build Big Ben and definitely Ruhr Valley.

With the new season pass announced, i'm thinking of not playing the civs in order anymore. But continuing this challenge as playing with all civs at least once. Might squeeze one more game before i play the Maya and Colombia.

Managed to build Great Colossus, Huey Teocalli, Ruhr Valley, Kilwa Kisiwani and Oxford University. About to finish Great Zimbabwe. Great game. This might be the first deity game I win, and even peacefully. I never won peacefully in a difficulty of 6 or above, mostly forced, but there is no runaway civ this time. I'm leading diplomatically, scientifically and culturally. Domination is no worries for me. Religious victory for France is not really worrying. Might wanna go builder time now, because still lots of land to be improved.

Part of the reason why the AI is weak. lol.

Got 4 achievements. Built all the wonders i wanted including Statue of Liberty and Orhganasz and won a diplomatic victory. Got 4 achievements. My first Deity victory, my first victory as Sumer, metroplex and surprise attack by a ranger on auto explore lol. I was quite lucky though. Very weak AI. No runaway civs. Didn't even made use of Sumeria's uniques though, so to me he is C-tier or something like that.

Since i'm not playing them in order, here's the ones i am most interested in playing from most interest to least interest. So i'm going to play them roughly in this order. Some civs i will play again, because I didn't properly used their mechanics. Next game will be Russia on a cold continents map i believe.

Russia
Cree
Korea
Australia
Aztecs
Japan
Pericles
Poland
Nubia
Persia
Mapuche
Mali
Netherlands
Sweden
Egypt
Ottomans
Hungary
Kongo
Mongols
Macedon
Scythia
Germany (again)
Inca (again)
Rome (again)
China
England
Spain
France
Khmer
Indonesia (again)
Eleanor (again)
Gorgo
Chandragupta
Phoenicia
Brazil
Arabia
Zulu
Scotland
Gandhi
Georgia
Canada
America (played them before)

Hi, could you share your domination build, tech order, preferably if it doesn't use unique civ mechanics and units. Also, if the said strategy is applicable to GS sept update, I feel like since they changed the science gain from raw population, it's much harder to keep up with the deity AI in science while on a warring spree. By the time I finish off the third civ in the map, it's already 200AD and the next AI has cities with 65-70 combat strength and take too little damage from bombards, so my warring grinds to a halt. No one seems to be posting their strategies for the recent changes.

I think in past iterations, not only does the AI tech slower, but you also get more science from cities without Campuses, and the AI is also willing to give up cities in a peace deal. Now, not anymore, so its harder to take over the whole map, now the AI makes it the GDRs, while in the past they didn't even make it to machine guns in my games

Top Bottom