1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Stange icons

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Mike.doc, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Mike.doc

Mike.doc Warlord

Could someone of you tell me why and how, making a scenario,
    on my map (huge) the resources icons are not the usual ones but like a quater of a leaderhead:eek: ? Yes, yes, and we are not on april the 1st anymore.

2. WildWeazel

WildWeazel hard-coded Supporter

Could you post a screenshot, and explain the most recent changes you made before this happened?

3. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

And on a smaller map they show up correctly?

Edit: Crosspost.

4. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

I am interested in resource icons that appear larger on the map than normal. Than we could build a bunch of different looking cities that are bigger than all I could produce. How did you manage this? Please show some screenshots and don´t delete what you have done. :) Edited: Here is the reason why it could be important to know what graphic files you have chanced and how you did chance them: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=163761 (posts #6, #22, #25).

5. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Maybe it's just a bug and it won't work on our computers.

6. Mike.doc

Mike.doc Warlord

I've a detail more : the "strange icons" are still there, but I've seen that they are already in the Civ 3 conquests editor. (Scenario/edit rules/natural resources)
    Perhaps the solution could be replace the bad icons in the editor itself. But how ?

7. Quinzy

Quinzy Deity

you'd have to replace the pcx file, as you can't replace icons in the editor itself.

8. WildWeazel

WildWeazel hard-coded Supporter

It sounds like you have a different image named incorrectly as resources.pcx

9. Mike.doc

Mike.doc Warlord

Thank you, folks, you're right : there was (how my God?) a wrong file named "resources" but showing a set of leaderheads !